Diving Bougainville PNG - getting interested people together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pacifico

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For some time now, I have been pondering the idea of how it might be possible to dive the reefs off the Autonomous Region of Bougainville. The biggest obstacle is that there are no dive centers that currently operate on the island. I have been in touch with Zhon Bosco Miriona (a local Bougainvillean) who is doing a lot of work to promote the fledgling tourism sector on the island and he mentioned that a number of people have approached him inquiring about SCUBA diving there.

My goal here is to find those people that are interested and get us to start thinking collectively about how it might be possible to pull off an exploratory trip there.

If anyone is interested on scubaboard please weigh in on the this thread.

Thanks and happy holidays,

José

Check with MV Febrina - maybe they'd do it if you chartered the whole boat. In Spring they dive the south coast of New Britain which google tells me is something over 60mi. away.

I'm not interested btw.

The ban was temporary. I've been for work. It's still problematic there safety wise, particularly for Australians (I was accompanied by private security on my visit). I am potentially interested, but I would want specific details on what security measures were going to be provided for the trip.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom