Diving Bari will be complicated for awhile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes ... lot preparation has started. The overall idea for this particular park is nice with the exception of the planned boat ramp… which many of us hope has/is being reconsidered.
Is the proposed boat ramp on the north or south side of the park? And, does anyone know if they are planning on keeping the old wrecked pier in place? It is a wonderful artificial reef, and it would be a disgrace to lose it.

Is the proposed boat ramp on the north or south side of the park? And, does anyone know if they are planning on keeping the old wrecked pier in place? It is a wonderful artificial reef, and it would be a disgrace to lose it.
The proposed boat ramp will be along the north side, directly next to Den Laman. As for the old pier, I haven’t heard the plans. The TUI resort, on the south side, destroyed much of that reef with construction ruble and then an illegal beach, much of which has blown over the reef. It’ll recover over time, but ....

Hi @FlaParrotHead

Thanks very much for the update. We can only hope for the best

Now that park construction is underway, is there still access to Bari Reef for divers not staying at Den Laman or Sand Dollar? If yes, what is the access?

The park will be quite narrow, I guess the boat ramp is illustrated in the drawings on the north side and a foot path on the south. If there is the boat ramp, I hope there will be reasonable regulations regarding use as well as control/enforcement. I wonder what will be done to protect the safety of divers/snorkelers/swimmers entering and leaving the water from either the park or from Den Laman/Sand Dollar?
1677185631763.png

Have you heard anything about the pier(s) at Chogogo? On their drawings, there are two, larger one in the north, near the park, and another south. In the drawings, they are labeled, awaiting permits.
1677185705813.png

Have you heard or seen anything of the additional construction by TUI just south of Chogogo?

I very much appreciate you keeping us up to date and hope you will continue to keep us apprised.

Chogogo was doing floating kite surfing classes when we were at Den Laman. It was a small power boat, and I don’t know where they launched from. I will say that they did a good job of staying in the blue water between us and Klein. I wonder if that’s the plan for the smaller pier in the drawing.

Has Chocogo paid the fine for dumping all their "beach" sand without a permit? If not they might have a bit of a problem with their pier permits.

What am I saying-It's a multi national corporation! Of course there will be no problem.

Has Chocogo paid the fine for dumping all their "beach" sand without a permit? If not they might have a bit of a problem with their pier permits.

What am I saying-It's a multi national corporation! Of course there will be no problem.
No, they have not paid a penny as it’s being challenged legally. While they deny ownership/partnership/etc, TUI a major global low-cost travel conglomerate is deeply involved in that garbage resort but wants to avoid being held accountable for the fines.

Hi @FlaParrotHead

Thanks very much for the update. We can only hope for the best

Now that park construction is underway, is there still access to Bari Reef for divers not staying at Den Laman or Sand Dollar? If yes, what is the access?

The park will be quite narrow, I guess the boat ramp is illustrated in the drawings on the north side and a foot path on the south. If there is the boat ramp, I hope there will be reasonable regulations regarding use as well as control/enforcement. I wonder what will be done to protect the safety of divers/snorkelers/swimmers entering and leaving the water from either the park or from Den Laman/Sand Dollar?
View attachment 771275

Have you heard anything about the pier(s) at Chogogo? On their drawings, there are two, larger one in the north, near the park, and another south. In the drawings, they are labeled, awaiting permits.
View attachment 771276

Have you heard or seen anything of the additional construction by TUI just south of Chogogo?

I very much appreciate you keeping us up to date and hope you will continue to keep us apprised.
At the moment, there is no official public access to Bari except for guests of the surrounding resorts. Now, if someone was to park in the public parking near the traffic circle and just walk thru to their beach (not onto their pier) there really is little they can do. The KPCN, local police, are not going to come and arrest anyone or likely even show up.

Other than the awesome self serve drive through tank swap.....this is just another reason why we have already bought our shore-diving / Nitrox package through Buddy Dive. That gives us unlimited access to the Buddy dock which a breeze swim over to Bari...

Also, we always stay in one of the Crown Ridge Villas that are only about 5 minutes north of Buddies in the Sabadeco area. Beautiful 3bdr. 2 ba villa with a private pool, fully AC'd, gear rinse station and best of all a private 12 step staircase right down to the Andrea 1 & II dive sites..... With two couples splitting the cost it's super reasonable and also a great site for non diving snorkelers...... and the sunsets are amazing! This year we'll be No. 11.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom