Diving and teaching in east Thailand, quiet place. Non-commercial use only.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a question also: if I was thai, would you write this question to me :
Do you rent tanks to or from a Thai lawyer? If it is from, I can imagine him giving you troubles if you start taking 'non charity guests', potential business for him.
No of course not, because if you were Thai you would not need a workpermit. You would still need other licenses like TAT though.

TDA pretends to be independent, and have nothing to do with either PADI or CMAS, but act on behalf of all DC's in Thailand. However, with it being a 'subpart' of CMAS, that is clearly nit the case, but they still pretend to be be independent, and presents themselves as: we act on behalf of all DC's in Thailand.

That is clearly NOT the case.

Last week I saw my first shark in the Siam Gulf. A small reef shark.
I do worry that it's the first I see after more than 200 dives in the Siam Gulf...
I was planning a liveaboard to Burma, but after I read on this forum that japanese go shark finning there, I just don't want to go anymore.

Three months ago I went to MBK in Bangkok and I saw they were selling shark fin soup in their food court. And what about china town, where you can see enormous fins, drying in the dirty air of Bangkok...

Sometimes, away of the noisy touristic dive sites, I do worry what's gonna be left of the bio-diversity in 10 years, or even now?

What's left of bungalow bay in Koh Racha Yai for exemple? How can people enjoy such horrible circus in high season?

I would put dive industry and industrial fishing on the same line.
Both just destroy for short term development. And the money isn't much shared.

Work permit for charity workers
Foreign volunteer workers with non-profit organizations should have work permits even if they are not paid for the work they do.

In Thailand "Should" has many meanings as you should know and Tgui is right in Thailand outside of large commercial zones most people have little or no trouble working with the Thai's and do not need a lot of regulation. If you show them respect then they while show you respect. If you argue like is done here on the SB then I can see why the local government will be hard on you.

Tgui I am not close to the water right now but I can take trips down to visit and dive and have been looking for a buddy for a wile outside of all the hustle and bustle. If you are not turned off on the SB please let me now. I wile be coming down to your area in Jan.

So you are advocating that if you can get away with working illegally then its ok???

Do you think it's a place for Dynasty or Dallas serial TV post?

No, Mr JR, I will no fall under pressure. I'm just not working.

So you are advocating that if you can get away with working illegally then its ok???

dallas1.jpg

There is a bla and a bla bla bla on this post, and of course as dive business staff you'll just keep on writing garbage on it. Just admit this fact if you're proud enough. Just admit you are jealous about a single and virtual guy proposing free diving on the web. Does it sounds like eating your own soup? That's your problem, not mine.
I write personnal things, but I know nothing about you and I'm polite enough to leave you like this. So you should just go work for money, not for coconuts...

And please make sure you have a specific work permit to keep on writing stuffs on the web when you work. Don't you know that a dive instructor work permit does not allow you to sit behind a desk office? I may not look for a long conversation about this detail, cause it's just ridiculous, like keeping on writing me these things.

คุณไปตามทางของคุณซะไป

Sorry tgui, you are talking rubbish.

Agree with you on one thing though, this conversation is ridiculous. Whether you like it or not, you need a workpermit for what you are doing. And yes, my workpermit is in order, and what I am doing is allowed.

Oh no my god but I am sure that you do write on your computer behind the desk of your dive shop! Oh my god this is illlllegal !!!
I should just tell you again and again that it is not legal. But is it ridiculous?

Living in a place where hundreds of guys are working with no work permits, I can understand you a bit nervous. But I'm just the dude in the country side, far away of your High Standard (made for foreigners only), and I just don't catch why you keep on targetting me. Yeah really, I think you target the wrong post.

But it's MY post and I'm just gonna have the last word. Next time if there is a next time the answer will be : BLA BLA BLA.

Here is what this post is now making me think about:
thailande_est_033_JPG.htm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom