Diving And Dating!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_paula once bubbled...
Junkie,

Did you just compare me to a blow up doll? :wink:

And you haven't even seen me in my drysuit!

Paula
I wouldnt do anything like that Paula.... at least until I did see you in your drysuit... heh heh:D

Where in the area do you dive Paula? Southfield isnt that close to water... unless you are frequenting some of the local lakes a little West of there.

The closest lakes I dive are Union Lake or Spring Mill Pond. However, most of my diving is wreck diving. My warm water trip this year was to Yap and Truk Lagoon. But neither of them is very local!

This year I've been to Kingston, Pt. Sanilac, Wheatley (Pt. Pelee, ONT), Mackinaw, Whitefish and have Tobe planned for Labor Day weekend. I also spend a lot of time in the quarries - Gilboa, Whitestar and Portage. Can't wait to how the new quarry in Michigan is once it's open.

How about you?

I have been to Lake Fenton a couple times, but most of my dives are in Lake Huron around the Port Huron area. My dive buddy lives right in Port Huron so most days we just hop in and do a shore dive just to get in the water and get our scuba fix. But we have done a few local wreck dives in the Sanilac preserve (Sport, Charles S Price). I keep trying to set something up to dive the Monarch, but havent been able to so far. I would rather do that dive with someone experienced there due to the currents, etc. Neither one of us has any drift diving experience so I dont want to try it on our own.

A couple weeks ago I finally went to Gilboa which was a blast. And last year I went on a weekend dive trip to Toby (great diving up there).

I havent been on any salt-water dives (or warm water for that matter), but look forward to possibly diving for a week or so down in the upper Keys (Largo, Marathon, etc.) this fall.

I didnt know they where supposed to open a dive quarry in Michigan? Where at?

Thats a lot closer than Gilboa.... Hopefully it turns out to be about the same quality as Gilboa (not like I can really talk though... Gilboa is the only quarry I have done)... :rolleyes:

Cherry once bubbled...
Jez Al before I found my wife in Idaho I used to do alot of looking in Oregon. Nothing like a back to the earth, tree hugger with very low morals, lots down there :)

Cherry

Yeah, it starts with Tonya Harding!

My boyfriend & I are diving buddies. I started diving before he did and got him into it, and now he loves it. I told him that if he didn't get certified I would find myself another, tall, dark, handsome, athletic, rich, brilliant, generous, available man. I had so many takers that he got certified. (Something like that..)

It is very nice knowing that your buddy is one the same page as you and is watching out for you. Before he began diving I went out with a couple of people who weren't very dependable and I didn't feel safe. You have to be an independant diver but the right buddy makes the dive much more fun.

Jessica :jessica:

cobaltbabe once bubbled...
Ok, I have looked at this thread several times and now I am posting. I am dating a diver, ok he's dating me :) , and it's great. Even though our diving levels are different we still have a great time. You pay way more attention to your dive partner. I recommend it to everyone, but make sure you have something other then getting wet in common. :wink:

Hi there!

Just out of curiosity...is there any particular reason why there must be something else in common other than diving????

Is it like a recepie for disaster otherwise? Why so?
Thanks...

:confused:

diver_paula once bubbled...
The new quarry is in Monroe. It's still filling with water. Last I heard it should open this Fall.

Yes, still filling but they are also doing a lot of work around the edges, which means the viz does not exist right now. I am only a few minutes from this quarry, so can't wait till it is open. When it does, I will be sure to post on SB. BTW, this quarry is about 350 acres, so plenty of room to explore!

If the doll happens to not be very good at what she does, you could always take her to eighty feet and fill her up from your reg. Then release her....mua ha ha ha ha!

Back
Top Bottom