Diving an inflatable: Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What did you get?

I bought a Zodiac Futura MKII that is 14' with a 40HP 2 stroke, that sits on a nice trailer. Got the whole package for $1450, but like all Zodiac's the floor and transom had to be reglued. So far it has been working great on the Pacific Ocean with three to four divers.

attachment.php

That's a nice setup! :D Love the Zodiac and the hard floor - very useful for diving when you have to kit up. Better than an air floor when you are banging and moving things around. Love the package price of 1450.00. :shocked2:

I got a 11' footer and will be picking it up in the very near future. I'll be getting a Tohatsu/Nissan 4 stroke with 9.9 hp sometime soon. There's no boating for me right now as the area I intend to drive the thing is frozen over.

Question: Are you launching from Monterey Breakwater? Very cool that you have it hitched to a GEN II Prius. :worship:

X

Are you launching from Monterey Breakwater? Very cool that you have it hitched to a GEN II Prius. :worship:

X

Yes that is Breakwater. I have launched at a lot of different places with no issues so far except Breakwater. I put my car near the water and when the surge hit, it was half way up the back bumper :shocked2: I am going to make about a 5 foot extension for the trailer tongue that stores under the trailer to resolve the issue of having to get so close to the water line. Otherwise the car pulls it great, and gets decent mileage. Phil Sammet our well known local boat captain was grilling me at Point Lobos one day about towing with a Prius, as he owns one. Although he pointed to his current RIB, (Uses it for small private charters) and says it might be a little to big for a Prius.

You have a really nice boat. N

Yes that is Breakwater. I have launched at a lot of different places with no issues so far except Breakwater. I put my car near the water and when the surge hit, it was half way up the back bumper :shocked2: I am going to make about a 5 foot extension for the trailer tongue that stores under the trailer to resolve the issue of having to get so close to the water line. Otherwise the car pulls it great, and gets decent mileage. Phil Sammet our well known local boat captain was grilling me at Point Lobos one day about towing with a Prius, as he owns one. Although he pointed to his current RIB, (Uses it for small private charters) and says it might be a little to big for a Prius.

We've had some really sloshy days at the breakwater lately. Even
got me to extend the tongue on my whaler trailer one day. Extending is
usually reserved for Pt. Lobos where the lower part of the ramp
isn't very sloped.

Phil's boat is about a 19' Polaris, and would be way too big for
a Prius.

We've had some really sloshy days at the breakwater lately. Even
got me to extend the tongue on my whaler trailer one day. Extending is
usually reserved for Pt. Lobos where the lower part of the ramp
isn't very sloped.

Wished I would have looked more closely how you mounted yours onto your trailer. Do you have a picture to share? Does it slip into a square tube and have a ball that goes into the trailers tongue, then continues onto the truck's ball with another tongue mounted on the end?

Phil's boat is about a 19' Polaris, and would be way too big for
a Prius.

Yeah that was in jest :wink: He was surprised to see a Prius towing though. I was over by John's boat and overheard someone comment, "You know you are in California, when you see a Prius towing a trailer".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom