diving alone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, I'm grading papers, still have two hours to go.... and, I have been futzing around on other sites... eating dinner... watching tv... gotta' love Mondays.

htn123:
Not to be off the topic, but one time, I saw this guy in lake Travis here in Austin, surfaced, by himself, with a full rig on his back and then a FULL rig on his hand. I mean, bcd, 80cf tank, prim reg, octo, the whole nine yard.

He was diving by himself and drag that whole thing as a back up :11: or he could have stripped someone under water for the set up :eyebrow:

ok, back to the topic

He was probably just testing his home-made inner-tube BC before going solo. :eyebrow:

I did only one solo dive so that I can't tell that much about it. But it was a good experience and gave much time to see underwater and upgrade my skill.

If you have a right emergency equipment (at least 30 CF pony bottle),
If you have a right skill and been trained,
If you keep a certain depth limit depending on your ability,

I don't mind diving in solo.....

In addition, as a matter of convenience, it is a big time saving because
I don't need to find the buddy,
I don't need to arrange the time with others.
You know, everyone is busy to live nearby me.

Based on my golf experience, whenever I played alone at the field, my skill was getting more upgraded than playing with others. And, I saw many players who played alone after the work (same reasons above). Another, I can utilize my leisure time by stopping waste time sometimes.

Solo diving is like being rich. If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Jim

Almost always alone. Maybe not,with as many others of you doing it. Ill have to look around more next time to see who else is "alone"

I've been diving alone for many years now. For me it works best for photography, scheduleing, etc. I very much enjoy the solitude.

My girlfriend was recently certified and I've found that my "buddy" diving skills suck. I've had to make a real effort to learn how to dive with a buddy again. It is plesant to share the dive experience but it takes a lot more concentration to keep track of yourself and another diver. Somewhat distracting. I was surprised to admit that although I count myself as an experienced diver I am not a good dive buddy...

I have participated in the unmentional practice of solo enjoyment of the Pacific and to this point all is still well.
Bill

OMGosh! Your Divemasters would be gasping for air if they knew you dove alone!
-- no just kidding -- my DM probably does it too. But I like the company. Makes for conversation on the boat when you surface... otherwise, it's just "a big fish story".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom