diving alone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rookie_J:
that's blasphemy, and goes against all that is holy.. :11:
..snip..

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. :eyebrow:

Scuba, mostly with my kids and dive buddies.

Freedive/spearfishing, mostly with others but once we hit the water, each on our own. Don't want to accidently shot the other guy :)

STOGEY:
How many of you experiened or non experienced divers, dive alone?

With or without a buddy?

alcina:
Ummm, I think "alone" means sans bud?

Not necessarily. I've done too many dives with "buddies" that took off as soon as we were in the water. Not a comforting thought when either they or I had no experience at the site. Under specific conditions, solo diving can be less stressful and less potentially dangerous than "buddy" diving.

Not to be off the topic, but one time, I saw this guy in lake Travis here in Austin, surfaced, by himself, with a full rig on his back and then a FULL rig on his hand. I mean, bcd, 80cf tank, prim reg, octo, the whole nine yard.

He was diving by himself and drag that whole thing as a back up :11: or he could have stripped someone under water for the set up :eyebrow:

ok, back to the topic

htn123:
Not to be off the topic, but one time, I saw this guy in lake Travis here in Austin, surfaced, by himself, with a full rig on his back and then a FULL rig on his hand. I mean, bcd, 80cf tank, prim reg, octo, the whole nine yard.

He was diving by himself and drag that whole thing as a back up :11: or he could have stripped someone under water for the set up :eyebrow:

ok, back to the topic

Now that's redundancy :D Someone needs to tell that guy about dual bladders, doubles, etc!

Or...maybe S&R needs to do some training there and see what they come up with... :wink:

As to the main topic of the thread...I've dived alone with and without a buddy. Sometimes you just want to dive and there's noone to dive with. Other times, like in a recent trip to Belize, you're diving off the boat with a group of other divers and good photos are just impossible close to the group. I found myself about 80' from the group on one dive and ended up getting some great shots of a school of spotted eagle rays. They would never have gotten that close if anyone else was around me. Even though I could still see the group, the surface was closer.

I do it all the time. I have enough troubles with my own bubbles in a photo, nevermind someone else.

Should i mention my regular (almost daily) long (12-30min) unplanned deco stops here too? Damn mantas just don't pay attention to my computer...

I am a Bad bad diver...

Like many photographers, I dive solo as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom