Diving Alabama & Florida Panhandle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glstewart

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Not real familiar with this posting but wanted to start a thread relating to the panhandle area. Just returned from a trip with Deep South Charters on Friday for a two tank dive out of Pensacola to the Navy YDT and the Pete Tide. 80+ vise on the YDT buy typical of the Gulf vis at the Pete Tide was only 30 at best. Overall a great day of diving and a good trip with Capt. Dalton.

Thanks for the info.

I keep hearing about Deep South and Cap'n Dalton. Hmmmm. Must be good.

I just returned from my first diving in Destin (always went to PCB). Loved the natural limestone reef in about 85' of water. So much to see. Dove with Emerald Coast. Nice, friendly folks.

Enjoyed some jetty diving there, too. Unless you are up for a tortured walk across a long dune you need to pay for a boat--and it's only a single-tank daive due to the tide window. But it is a really nice dive--better than expected. Saw a green sea turtle, an octopus and a lot of fish variety.

Jim

Next time you are in the area try diving the Panama City jetties at St. Andrews State Park. I have dove many sites from Gulf Shores, Alabama to Cape San Blas, Florida and consider the PC Jetties to be one the top dives on the Gulf Coast. Catching it at slack high tide is a must. The walk is considerably less than in Destin and the Park overall is great.

---------- Post Merged at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:38 AM ----------

Correction, it is Due South Custom Charters instead of Deep South.
http://www.duesouthcustomcharters.com/

I've been there! Yes, it is a great dive!

My first time was with a group of vintage equipment divers (I'm into that old stuff...like what I learned on way back when) in early June of this year. Was really impressed with the place, the facilities, the dive and the easy access. Have been back once a couple of weeks ago and will be going there again the weekend of August 17th.

I've heard that the dive at the jetties at Perdido Pass across the line in Alabama is a good shore dive. Have you been there? Know anything about it? Like it?

Waiting on Hetland and WFDC_Scuba to jump in...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom