Diving after travelling over a hill/mountain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As others have pointed out, altitude BEFORE a dive is not a problem.
Altitude AFTER a dive can be a problem.

There is also the huge variable of how sensitive you are. Plenty of cases where a team of divers comes up, after doing the exact same profile and one will have a hit and the other is fine. None of it is an exact science. Altitude before a dive should add a tiny sliver of a safety margin.

I don’t think any diving computer tells you when you would be safe or even if you are safe to travel over a mountain after diving by inputting the max altitude that you’d be travelling at ?

Never seen any computer do that. US Navy diving manual also has an ascent to altitude after diving table, according to pressure group, surface interval, etc.

There was a computer a few years ago that would list maximum altitude after a dive. When I inquired that feature for another brand of computer they didn't want anything to do with it since there was not enough data to back the theory.

There was a computer a few years ago that would list maximum altitude after a dive. When I inquired that feature for another brand of computer they didn't want anything to do with it since there was not enough data to back the theory.
That makes sense, it’s better to tell people something closer to the truth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom