Diving after tiny dose of valium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was my thought at the beginning of this discussion.
Providers generally do not prescribe medications with the intent of it being a placebo. It's more likely that it has enough of a therapeutic effect to enable the OP to use other anxiety management strategies effectively.

Best regards,
DDM

Providers generally do not prescribe medications with the intent of it being a placebo. It's more likely that it has enough of a therapeutic effect to enable the OP to use other anxiety management strategies effectively.

Best regards,
DDM

I should have been clear - I don’t believe that the script was written as a placebo. However when self titrating the dose a patient my reduce a dose by so much that there is no longer a therapeutic effect from the medication itself and any perceived benefits are a placebo.

Providers generally do not prescribe medications with the intent of it being a placebo. It's more likely that it has enough of a therapeutic effect to enable the OP to use other anxiety management strategies effectively

The OP stated he was taking a much lower dose than prescribed.

The dose prescribed was 7.5mg per day, which is close to the minimum recommended adult dose.
I take a maximum of 1.25mg on any one day and not every day, but on an as needs basis. So about one sixths of what was already a low prescribed dose.

The OP stated he was taking a much lower dose than prescribed.
Thanks for that. Worth noting then that the minimum adult dose in the prescribing information is 2 mg vs. 7.5. The dose the OP is taking is still below that.

Best regards,
DDM

I should have been clear - I don’t believe that the script was written as a placebo. However when self titrating the dose a patient my reduce a dose by so much that there is no longer a therapeutic effect from the medication itself and any perceived benefits are a placebo.
I agree. Good point.

Best regards,
DDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom