Diving after lasik

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

25/60-25/80????? Did you have some sort of nonstandard eye test? 20 indicates the base line distance, the second number is how far away an item would look...How do I explain this? What every one else sees at 60 feet, you see at 20 would be 20/60. Where did the 25 come up at?

I had LASIK done 2 years ago and don't regret having it done. Best choice I made. I got certified 3 months after the surgery. My eye sight now is 20/20 each eye, but together they are 20/15. I also had an astigmatism in both eyes which was corrected along with the vision. I was very uncertain if I wanted to risk my sight for possible perfect vision. Some people are not correctable to 20/20. My eyes were dry for a couple weeks (but still had to use drops up to 6 weeks later) and the day the procedure was done it felt like I had sand in my eyes. I am very glad I had it done and recommend it to everyone. I know the feelings of anxiety about the procedure, but still recommend it.

Melissa

I am seriously considering having it done but not for another year or two. But I have heard about the crystalens. Have any of you ever heard of anyone having it done? Results?? Right now I use my contacts with my mask, but I am going to have the Rx put in my mask, so I don't have to worry. I just hate wearing glasses!
My left eye had a -10 dopter and my right eye a -8.5 diopter so I was using the Aqualung Look 2 mask which had the prescription lenses that the lds could put in. I am now 67 and needed cataract surgery and had the crystalens put in. My left eye had a Central Retinal Artery Occlusion which is basically an eye stroke. I was hospitalized for three days and had 10 hyperbaric treatments. My left eye started at 20:1000 and is now about 20:00 or 20:70 on a good day which is about -1.5 diopter. I finally had the right eye done and the surgery went much better and my right eye is now 20:15 and my distance vision is excellent. The problem is the reading/ close up vision. It takes a 12-week training program that you start 2 weeks after the second surgery to train the ciliary muscles to work the crystalens well. I also need more light to see well. Even though I may not need prescription mask, or only a very weak correction, I am worried about seeing my gauges. I will be in Roatan after 5-6 weeks post second eye surgery. If you had the crystalens, please post what happend when you dove again. Thanks.

afdgf, i'd repost this ^ as it's own question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom