Diving 1/27 @ Lake Pleasant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

booth22

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We'll be at the lake at around 9-9:30 Sunday if anyone is looking to dive. We'll be doing some check-out dives with an OW student and happy to do a non-teaching dive or two as well. We'll be set up at Vista Point for anyone who come out.

Kris:

What kind of water temps are you thinking Pleasant will be this weekend. I really have been wanting to get out and try my new BC I got for Christmas. However, I am diving wet in a 7 mil and kind of loose my motivation when water temps drop below 55 degrees.

52 degrees this past Monday. We're diving dry, but our students are going in 7mms and they're handling it pretty good. Head out to SoCal, LaJolla is around 57 degrees :)

52 degrees this past Monday. We're diving dry, but our students are going in 7mms and they're handling it pretty good. Head out to SoCal, LaJolla is around 57 degrees :)

Yeah I would love to go over and dive the coast but 12 miles is alot closer and cheaper than 400. I am hoping to go over to Catalina in March though.

If the itch gets any worse maybe I will suck it up and head out to Pleasant anyway. Back when I was young I used to waterski out there year round. But I am older and lazier now. We will see what happens. I would like to meet you to talk about getting AOW certification in a little more detail.

'bob

Yeah I would love to go over and dive the coast but 12 miles is alot closer and cheaper than 400. I am hoping to go over to Catalina in March though.

If the itch gets any worse maybe I will suck it up and head out to Pleasant anyway. Back when I was young I used to waterski out there year round. But I am older and lazier now. We will see what happens. I would like to meet you to talk about getting AOW certification in a little more detail.

'bob

Sounds good - and one of these days we'll get to Catalina, usually it's just shore diving in various spots, which thus far has been pretty good for us. We can usually keep the trips pretty cheap that way.

Hey there Kris
It seems there is rain in the weather forecast for Sunday. I'd like to get in a dive but I'm getting tired of it being on rainy days. (My last 2 outings) If the forecast changes I may make the run. Nancy would even like to bring our puppy Que.

Hmm... I'll have to check the forecast- that would be kinda funny (maybe not for you) that you always dive on rainy days in Arizona... We'll probably be there regardless, maybe we'll buy one of those shade pop-ups to keep us dry on surface intervals. And feel free to bring the pup, one of these days we'll bring ours back up to the lake with us, they enjoy following the divers out to the float :)

Just a heads up for anyone planning to meet up with us, odds are we won't be at the lake, our friend/student Dan may have separated his shoulder tonight and probably won't dive. IF we make up to the lake, it won't be til later in the day. Sorry for the short notice!

Well that figures! LOL
I checked the updated forecast and it no long says rain just cloudy.
Just moved my gear into the garage to meet you up there.
I guess I won't set my clock maybe I'll give you a call when I wake up and see what your plans are for later.
How about a dive closer to home? (Sagauro lake maybe?)Althought Mesa does have rain in the forecast.

Back
Top Bottom