Dividers for Pelican 1510 case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammerhead man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need a new insert for my Pelican 1510 case. I am debating getting a new pick n pluck insert or padded dividers. Any recommendations on which would be better? Can you put more equipment in the case with the padded dividers vice the pick n pluck?

Thanks,

Bill

WOW, I can tell this is a hot topic :). I assume you all have camera cases that you carry your equipment in when you travel, what do you use padded dividers or pick n pluck foam and why.

Bill

I've got a Pelican with pluck and pull, and it's falling apart. I was considering going with the dividers as well. Hopefully someone with dividers can answer. I really like the pluck and pull, except that you can't change it around once you pull some out, and if it gets too thin, it falls apart. Saw a fellow divers set up for her Sea and Sea with custom foam, cut out for her package. That was really cool.

Where do the dividers come from? I've got the pick and pluck too and it's falling apart...

I can't stand it...

I have a few cases from pelican. I use the foam. Very expensive radio and camera equipment have survived being tossed it to the back of my pickup, riding down the road, and i have even float tested them.

I would stay with foam, but thats just me:D

If you google the dividers for the Pelican 1510 you will find several stores that sell them.

Regards,

Bill

The pic and pluck foam looks nice, but it takes up WAY too much space. If you are like me and you pack these puppies to within an inch of their lives, you want the dividers. That being said, I bring two on the plane with me (one for me and one for my wife) and have never had to check them. I assume that they would survive checking, but I would prefer not finding out. Much as I love my 1510 Pelican cases, they are HEAVY. They weight almost 15 lbs with nothing in them, which exceeds the weight limit of some airline carry-on specs. I have never been challenged, but I that the way airlines are going these days, it is just a matter of time. I have been thinking of replacing them with something lighter.

I've never carried one on, but I routinely check them for work. I use packing tape to hold a piece of a paper with my name on it down (cover the whole thing) and a zip tie through the little holes so I know if it has been tampered with.

You can drive over these things with a truck - they are basically indestructible.

I am not a fan of the foam as it takes away a lot of space and I cram mine really full. If you need it for protecting something, I prefer to use solid pieces of foam and cut them out to fit the exact shape of the item. The pick-n-pluck works great for a while but after that it starts to fall apart and pieces you didn't mean to remove start slowing coming off.

Thanks for all the input. The only concern in using the padded dividers is checking the camera. Sometimes I check the camera and sometimes I don't. With the foam all the equipment fits very snug but what about the dividers? Would any equipment get damaged using them since they don't fit tight in the case?

Regards,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom