Divi Tiara Status?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The timeshare, which is apparently a separate business entity from the hotel, is still open with limited service and reduced occupancy.
A long-time island DM, Craig, is negotiating with Divi to use their dock and other dive facilities.
The hotel is for sale, but asking upwards of $10 million.

CatFishBob:
Does anyone know where the last manager, Max Hillier, went?
Initially, Grand Cayman, to join Liz. I suspect they're still there, but don't know that, nor who he was going to work for.

Divi is "still" closed and always will be! I believe that it was a permanent closure except for the timeshare units which are still there but without the dive operation.

Somebody correct me if they know better but I believe that Max is working at Grandview condominiums in Grand Cayman.

Divi on Cayman Brac was for sale with an asking price of 10 million. I presume that is CI and not US. That would be bad enough, but from what I have heard, it needs several million in repairs/upgrades. I think it may be on the market for quite a while unless corporate adopts a more realistic stance.

keyshunter:
Divi on Cayman Brac was for sale with an asking price of 10 million. That would be bad enough, but from what I have heard, it needs several million in repairs/upgrades. I think it may be on the market for quite a while unless corporate adopts a more realistic stance.

Wouldn't the business have to be 60% Caymanian owned too, or am I confused on that one?

billinwilliamston:
Wouldn't the business have to be 60% Caymanian owned too, or am I confused on that one?

I was on the Brac not too long ago, and the local newspaper had an article on the Divi situation. They quoted the then asking price. I think that was a bare bones price, without equipment or boats. I don't recall anything being said about Camanian ownership, but the government was supposedly actively helping find a buyer. Some of the locals I talked to on the Brac told me about the horrible state of repair of the property.

Since the demise of Divi, I have noticed that the specials at Brac Reef, and LCBR have gotten a lot less "special". Capitalism in action.

You would likely be successful in obtaining the necessary Local Companies Control Licence (allowing for 40% or greater non-Caymanian ownership) if you wanted to buy it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom