Trip Report Bonaire DIVI Flamingo March 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just got back from my first trip to Bonaire. Stayed 9 days at DIVI Flamingo and did two AM boat dives and afternoon shore dives daily and two shore night dives. Tanks were available 24/7. The dive pier next to the dive shop is no longer usable so we dove off the pier on the other end (south) of the property. They have lockers and tanks on this pier but no shade. We dove the Helma Hooker wreck, best described as it will be nice in 10+ years. Didn't see alot of big things on dives but that's expected as I understand. The reef looks pretty healthy, with lots of fish and critter activity.... very easy and peaceful! Both night dives at DIVI Flamingo were disappointing, as we saw virtually nothing except for two large tarpon fish that followed us around. The resort, staff and food at the resort were good to beyond acceptable, nothing to complain about. The DIVI resort is conveniently located within easy walking distance to town.

Thanks for your report. Glad you enjoyed Bonaire and Divi Flamingo.
We are planning a trip to Divi resort in July.
What was the situation with Stoney Coral Tissue Loss Disease when you were on island?

What was the situation with Stoney Coral Tissue Loss Disease when you were on island?
Not aware of SCTLD. What did you hear?

We did have one diver who got some pretty bad stings(?) on his hand and lower arm the day before we got there.

There is a thread about SCTLD on Bonaire pinned on this site.
I was looking for some first hand knowledge from Divi resort.

Back
Top Bottom