Divesoft Professional Flow Limiter recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got an email from DGX this morning about the Divesoft Professional Flow Limiter being affected by a voluntary recall. Unknown what the specific issue is. I had ordered one last summer. A particular batch manufactured May 2021 is affected. The link lists the serial numbers affected and how to return for service.

Have to check mine when I get home tonight.

My serial number falls before the first recalled serial number, so it doesn’t have to be sent in.

When we became aware of the issue, we immediately sent an email advisory to any of our customers who ordered the Divesoft Professional Flow Limiter (either individually or as part of a Divesoft blender kit) from us after May 2021. The US office for Divesoft later told us that the issue with their Professional Flow Limiter is potential failure of the front portion where the cap could separate from the body when pressurized. If the cap does separate, the gas pressure could potentially eject the cap with enough force to cause injury. We were told the issue affects only a small batch of the product where the cap did not meet specifications. Dive Gear Express is not aware of any injuries, but was told that out of an abundance of caution Divesoft published the Professional Flow Limiter Safety Notice. Dive Gear Express is not the only retailer of the product, so anyone who came in to possession of a Divesoft Professional Flow Limiter after May 2021 from any source would be affected by the safety notice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom