Diver's Supply?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubMariner:
How long ago was this & which store? And more importantly, did you report it to Divers Supply HQ in Macon? I'm sure they would be every bit as concerned about this behaviour as you were/are!

No, I didn't. But the manager there was constantly getting in trouble for doing inappropriate things...like calling the store in Florida City and asking the counter girl to go look up on price on something...that happened to be right in front of the camera. He's a serious perv.

Let's see...it would have been back in January, the store in Charlotte, NC.

waterbearer:
No, I didn't. But the manager there was constantly getting in trouble for doing inappropriate things...like calling the store in Florida City and asking the counter girl to go look up on price on something...that happened to be right in front of the camera. He's a serious perv.

I would question the credability of what Kristy says. She basically stole $650 from me; lent her the money to get some her new gear, made some excuses on why she couldn't pay me, then moved down to FL and won't return my calls. The last I heard from her was 21-Feb-2006 in an e-mail to me saying "....What is your address...I'll send you a cashier's check." Haven't seen the check yet.

Even offered if she doesn't have the money, send me the gear, but hasn't even replied to that.

I have no idea what issue she has w/ Divers Supply or the manager, but her posts have nothing to do with the quality of service there and the good price she (well, actually me) got on her gear. They are direct attacks on the manager. If she has issues with a manager of a store, she should deal with that person directly or his manager, not posting possibly libel statements with disregard to the potential outcome.

I won't hide the fact that I know the manager and I'm friends with him. He's the 1st person I met in Charlotte, even before I had moved here 1 year ago. I bought my dive gear from him, go out for drinks after work and of course do a little diving.

I wouldn't take one person's remarks about someone who might have an agenda for making such posts about someone. I know I may have opened myself up to the same kind of posts from Kristy, but what's her agenda, besides not trying to pay me the money she owes me?

-Mike-
a.k.a. WDFB

........*passes the 'corn* buttered?.......:lurk:

I'm also a regular at the charlotte store.My wife takes my tanks there all the time and she is always treated with respect. I know Rob very well,dove with him this evening.Seems like anyone can make statements on the internet behind a key board.Someone who may have an ax to grind against a friend of Robs??Use the Charlotte store...see how you are treated. I bet you use it again.I WILL.Bought most of my $10,000.00 gear there.

Roy Moore:
I'm also a regular at the charlotte store.My wife takes my tanks there all the time and she is always treated with respect. I know Rob very well,dove with him this evening.Seems like anyone can make statements on the internet behind a key board.Someone who may have an ax to grind against a friend of Robs??Use the Charlotte store...see how you are treated. I bet you use it again.I WILL.Bought most of my $10,000.00 gear there.
Oh, kewl. How was the quarry?
Maybe it is an axe to grind, don't know. All I do know is that I get great service, personable people who work in the LDS and good prices on my gear.

-Mike-
a.k.a. WDFB

hi beer. Quarry was great. viz a little off.10 or so divers.Come up on tues for night dive.any one out there want to join.PDRA QUARRY MOORESVILLE N.C. Dive with some great people at a great quarry.Oh yes buy your gear at divers supply, charlotte.

WillDiveForBeer:
I would question the credability of what Kristy says. She basically stole $650 from me; lent her the money to get some her new gear, made some excuses on why she couldn't pay me, then moved down to FL and won't return my calls. The last I heard from her was 21-Feb-2006 in an e-mail to me saying "....What is your address...I'll send you a cashier's check." Haven't seen the check yet.

Even offered if she doesn't have the money, send me the gear, but hasn't even replied to that.

<snip>
Yikes! Sorry to read about your bad fortune, Mike. But I believe in karma; perhaps you do as well. :wink:

annasea:
Yikes! Sorry to read about your bad fortune, Mike. But I believe in karma; perhaps you do as well. :wink:
I fully believe in what goes around, comes around.
BTW, I see you're finally certified...awesome. Now we can get wet and blow bubbles together.

-Mike-
a.k.a. WDFB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom