Divers-Supply.com, A reputable source?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divers-supply is a good company with some great deals....No worrys about warrantys like the LDS will tell you, as they are a real dealer with a real storefront, selling OK to Great gear. The low end sea elite stuff is kinda junk, but as stated before in this thread, the RX650 is a good reg. The Sea Elite Valves are a good price for a great peice of gear. Oceanic is a fantastic company with user friendly design features on most of thier computers.

Bottom Line you can get a Zeagle Ranger, with a RX650 reg, an Octo-Z alternate, and an Oceanic VEO180 navcon computer for about 1200 bucks.....Ask your LDS for that price, and see how white thier faces turn.

I prefer to support my LDS. I know they will be there for me in an emergency.
What kind of emergencies does your LDS typically respond to? I can always dial 999 if I need the police or an ambulance, but I don't have an LDS here in Hong Kong. Am I way out on a limb?

Vladimir,

I think the reference was more towards quick air fills, visual inspections and that sort of thing rather than heart attacks, strokes, appendicities and so forth . . . :)

the K

I just ordered a set of AL80's from them. They haven't arrived yet but they definitely have the best price and they ship UPS so thats a plus with me.

As for the brands, I own 2 Cressi BCs & 2 Reg sets and an Oceanic PDC and have no complaints. Cressi are made in Italy if that matters to you.

And to jump on the bandwagon, you should at least take your class first before you buy equipment. You may have answered no to everything on the medical form but if you have unclearable ears or something and cant dive, you won't get a refund. The cost of the course should include everything except mask/snorkel, fins, and a wetsuit for checkout dives so your not saving money by having your own in the class. Also, if you really like what you use in the class, most dive shops sell their used training equipment and you'll have already had 4 dives with that same equipment when you get out to your first dives. And the best thing for a beginner is to be confortable in the water with their equipment. You'll use less air and stir less silt. The advanced divers who come along behind you will appreciate that.

Or you can succomb to the addiction that most of us have and become a gear junkie! Go get ur fix!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom