Divers-Supply.com, A reputable source?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, they are reputable. I bought, and referred another friend to purchase the package that Stargost posted a link to.

As said, quick and accurate shipping for myself and my friend.

I'm going to go a bit off topic and recomend you wait before buying everything. It is common for us (myself included) to buy something thinking it is what we want and then once we start diving to to discover what we got isn't quite right. It's cheaper to get it right the first time you buy rather than replacing stuff after a few dives. I would recomend finishing your open water then start diving. Try out different stuff rent or borrow different BC's BP/W, Jacket, Back inflate etc, and as many different brands and sizes of those types as you can. They do fit a little different. Get the one that is most comfortable for YOU and suits the diving YOU want to do. It is probably safe to get a reg sooner, the only one of the brands listed I have personal experience with is oceanic but others have covered that already just make sure the reg you choose is suitable for the diving you might want to do, example if you ever thing you might do cold water diving make sure it is eviromentally sealed etc.

Welcome to the underwater world.

Sea Elite is Divers Supply house brand.

I love where it says "The Sea Elite Rx650 regulator is one of the most powerful regulators on the planet."

I've never heard of a regulator referred to as "powerful" before.

What kind of "power" does a reg have/need?

Why would you need "the most powerful regulator on the planet" anyway?

:confused:

Maybe if you are hell bent on world domination?

DS has a store local to me. I purchased quite a bit from them in the past year and prices are good and things they sell they stand behind it. I had a wetsuit issue and they exchanged it no problem. (It was Henderson wetsuit - Neosport X-pan line).

Thankyou everyone for your responses and all the great information! I really appreciate it and I am now that much closer to being able to pick up my own setup :)

There was a thread some weeks ago about the same subject.
I did several purchases on line with this people, and I can only say that they behave as good as anyone can hope. Prices are killer and quality of their own brand Sea Elite is as good as the quality of the top brands.
I fully recommend this people.
Besides, in the case something goes not so good, a manager of one of the shops is a frecuent poster, so you can PM him and he will help you as he did with me.
With a site search you can find him.

Sea Elite is Divers Supply house brand.

I love where it says "The Sea Elite Rx650 regulator is one of the most powerful regulators on the planet."

I've never heard of a regulator referred to as "powerful" before.

What kind of "power" does a reg have/need?

Why would you need "the most powerful regulator on the planet" anyway?

:confused:

The RX650 is actually a rebranded Dive-Rite RG2500. It is a very good regulator, I do have one and it is rather "powerful".

On the topic of Divers-Supply, I have purchased a lot through them and they are great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom