Divers -- Please Contribute to the Point Lobos Underwater Model

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ghbanta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Over the last two years I have been working on creating a large outdoor 3D underwater model of Point Lobos that will be located near the restrooms in Whalers Cove. To date, BAUE, CEN-CAL, Point Lobos Foundation and many individuals have contributed just under $8000 to make this possible. Those funds paid for CSUMB high resolution data collection of the entire diving area and machining a master model. You can read about it and see pictures in the Point Lobos Foundation Magazine at the link below.

http://www.baue.org/projects/lobos_model/PointLobosMagazine_Winter13.pdf

We need to raise an additional $2500 to complete the project. 100% of the contributions go into documented expenses (such as molding materials, hardware, lumber, concrete, rebar, forklift rental, etc.) I am donating my time. Please make a tax deductible contribution through BAUE a 501(c)3 at

BAUE Payments and Donations

There is a special link on low on the page or you can send a check to the address at the top.

Individuals, organizations and companies that contribute will be listed as contributors on the model and the model will be there for decades

Become part of history -- please contribute!!!

Feel free to contact me with any questions. (This post has been approved by Scubaboard admin)

Gary Banta
gary@banta.org
650 400 7964

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom