Divers North-Northwest-West of Ft. Worth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about meeting on downtown fort worth in the flying saucer or ojos locos...

Good location.

As I said, though, it may end up being a club/group that just meets in various locations around and about the Metromess. That will give more the opportunity to join in.

I really like the North FTW area around Alliance Airport, because it is reasonably easy to get to, even for those coming out of Dallas, well maybe North and West Dallas.

Hummm.....all is quiet. Come on folks, start shouting out potential places you would consider meeting at. :)

Im cool with it being a roaming meet up from month to month but I think it should usually stay pretty centralized, then again I am just one voice here. I'm all about a new diving club/group and I'm willing to travel a little ways for the meetings if I have to, I won't be driving to Weatherford though haha.

I'm thinking we pick a Saturday when no one is diving to start and just meet central to DFW so most everyone without a scheduling conflict can be there....after that, we will discuss. I have no problem moving the meeting location around, but if it gets too far from me, either I will be in the area in the afternoon and just goof off until the meeting, or I'll let the other members meet and discuss. I hate rush hour traffic, and since I have the option, I won't drive in it. It's bad when you can ride a bicycle and get somewhere quicker than sitting in that mess! :D

Let's keep the discussion alive, folks......

Cyp

Hummmm....the silence is deafening.

Tejas, Culcuhain, Buton, Guba, Jxh2297: I thank each of you for responding, now let's hear some ideas! I'm open to all. What do ya'll think about starting out with a Saturday meeting so that everyone can possibly get involved, then perhaps switching to a monthly meeting during the week that moves around the metromess?

Anyone else interested or want to share, please feel free to join in.

Safe dives,

Cyp

I am personally free to meet this weekend, the weekend of March 9-11, March 23-25, and April 6-8. I would like to get a group dive in sometime in April or May so that we can all see what this "proposed" group has to offer to those who participate. I think the first meeting or two should be centrally located in the metro as to lend itself the most accessible to everyone involved. We can lay the groundwork of what every body wants to gain from this and discuss options of future meetings and dive dates.

I hope we can grow something beyond the current monthly dinner/booze nights and annual group tropic dive trip that most of the surviving local groups have to offer. I would like to see a core group of people that are willing to be consistently active and dive the local and surrounding lakes and aren't afraid of cold water and low viz. There are enough dive spots in Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas to keep us busy all year long, not to mention easy trips to Alabama and Florida.

Chime in everyone and let us know what you would like to see and feel free to offer up any and all ideas you might have even if you don't agree with what Cyprian and I have said.

Best,

Tejas

Weekends are very hard for me...I will prefer during the week , any wife diver? My wife also dives so If yours do it will be easy on the weekend...

Weekends are very hard for me...I will prefer during the week , any wife diver? My wife also dives so If yours do it will be easy on the weekend...

Got one here! She got certified last summer and will be getting her AOW this spring/summer and I know she's dying to meet some other women to dive with.

Tejas

Got one here! She got certified last summer and will be getting her AOW this spring/summer and I know she's dying to meet some other women to dive with.

Tejas

That's sounds good, my wife would like to meet another women diver also..

so we can all meet a weekend at a restaurant or a bar and then we can plan some local dives when it gets warmer..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom