Divers in reno?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toxicqueen775

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Any divers in Reno or know of any dive clubs that does group dives? I’m newly certified and looking to start diving more.

Remember thats a mountain dive(Dive tables) in a caldera or cone of a volcano, extinct of course. Dry suit recommended. I lived there for a few years. Ski in the morning, play golf in the afternoon.

You could contact Tahoe Dive Center as they are pretty active but they are closed for the season and open back up in April. There are a couple shops in Reno that used to be very active as well, Sierra Diving Center and Adventure Scuba Center.

I actually got certified with Sierra dive. I love my experience with them! :) I will contact Tahoe dive center with they open in April. I joined one group in Sacramento that pretty frequent does club meetings and other gatherings but being 2 plus hours away it’s hard to attend those

1675213995331.png

Hey I just got back into scuba and was asking the same question. I was at Sierra Dive center yesterday and they mentioned that they will be starting up Wednesday dives in July. Also there is a Facebook group that appears to plan semi frequent dives as well but there definitely isn't mich until may or July. Would love to hear if you have found anything else since you posted

Tahoe's still in the low/mid 40s, so you'll probably have trouble finding eager buddies or fun dives until late June or July. As screenshotted above, @Branby is also newly certified and looking for company.

I'm also in Reno and dive the lake year round, though I'm most often diving a bit outside recreational limits.

It won't help you find a buddy, but check out my site, DiveLakeTahoe.com, for a bunch of info and dive sites around the lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom