Divers and Pilots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba:
Well (hitching up my britches...) I fly Microsoft Flight Simulator pretty well...never had a landing I couldn't walk away from.

Okay, that's corny. However, getting flight certification is one of the three things left on my "ten things to do before I die" list. Getting certified in Scuba was number six, and I did that six years ago. About time I attacked that list again!

I've got two things left on my list:
Hang gliding and sky diving. :)

The Kraken:
Want some good experience??? Go fly for the 1st Cav over in Iraq. :D

the K-razy Kopter Pilot

I wish!! If I was 10-15yrs younger.....that would have been my first choice.:wink:

Fish_Whisperer:
I've got two things left on my list:
Hang gliding and sky diving. :)

There aren't many self respecting pilots that would jump out of a perfectly good airplane. If it has the wings attached, I'm riding it down. Well, I guess I need to qualify that statement. If it's daylight, I'm not over mountains, and the wings are still attached, I'm riding it down.

I will say, though, if you look at some of those jump planes, I'm not quite sure they are perfectly good airplanes. :D

DennisW:
There aren't many self respecting pilots that would jump out of a perfectly good airplane. If it has the wings attached, I'm riding it down. Well, I guess I need to qualify that statement. If it's daylight, I'm not over mountains, and the wings are still attached, I'm riding it down.

I will say, though, if you look at some of those jump planes, I'm not quite sure they are perfectly good airplanes. :D

:lol: I confess: I'm an adrenaline junky. It's something that I hear people constantly say that they want to do, but are too scared to try. Besides, there's a jump club less than a half hour from my house. :)

Fish_Whisperer:
:lol: I confess: I'm an adrenaline junky. It's something that I hear people constantly say that they want to do, but are too scared to try. Besides, there's a jump club less than a half hour from my house. :)

Tandems are easy, you're strapped to a Jumpmaster and you don't have to do hardly anything... think of it this way, this guy has 1000+ jumps. He doesn't want to die; the jumpmaster will make sure you both get to the ground safely. Fish_Wisperer, you should just go do it! The freefall is fantabulous!

BTW - in my experience, it seems to be a well known fact that there are very few pilots-who-jump. Actually, most jumpers don't like to fly much. :D funny, isn't it?

My husband's PPL checkride is Friday. Then I'll learn a little about flying just in case we are ever in the plane and something happens to him. Who knows, I might decide I want my PPL next!

strictly private pilot, mostly cessnas 152's and 172's

i have a gizzillion hours on an instrument simulator (worked at the
FBO, long story), but never got around to getting the instrument rating

it's always been for fun; i never seriously thought about a carreer

my favorite air traffic controller message:

"Cessna 94662, if you can hear this, traffic no longer a factor."

How about Aircraft Mechanics? Can't fly them if we don't work on them...:D

RumBum:
Tandems are easy, you're strapped to a Jumpmaster and you don't have to do hardly anything... think of it this way, this guy has 1000+ jumps. He doesn't want to die; the jumpmaster will make sure you both get to the ground safely. Fish_Wisperer, you should just go do it! The freefall is fantabulous!

BTW - in my experience, it seems to be a well known fact that there are very few pilots-who-jump. Actually, most jumpers don't like to fly much. :D funny, isn't it?

My husband's PPL checkride is Friday. Then I'll learn a little about flying just in case we are ever in the plane and something happens to him. Who knows, I might decide I want my PPL next!

Fantastic! Good luck to your husband and to you, as well! Landings are SUCH a rush! :)

Right now, I'm saving up money. Not sure how much it costs to go over and get the class and the jumps, but it's something that I really really want to do. :)

Commercial SEL, Inst. Some float time, but never got the rating. Built my last plane out of a basket (heavily modified PA-12)flew my first 10 years in a modified '46 Champ. It was a way of life for me when I first got up here, flew about 1000 hrs remote, and had the time of my life. Lifestyle and priorites changed a couple of years ago, sold my plane. Don't regret the decision, but miss it from time to time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom