Divers Alert Network coverage question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For a non-profit to not make money is simple. Pay your CEO more money and the profit is gone. Nothing says that employees cant get rich.

NOT saying that DAN does this.......but it IS done in the non-profit sector.
That is absolutely true. I was not defending non-profits, just responding to those who said they couldn't make a profit.

Old post but will comment . DAN America and DAN Europe are two different organizations and the exclusion used applies to the European organization. In my opinion DAN America would pay for evacuation, but not medical expenses heart attack, like an appendicitis, is a medical condition, not an accident.

yes, quite simple. The European branch clearly wants to exclude the area of highest probable indemnity. which imo, makes it a waste of money and a ripoff.

ymmv
So don't buy it? Seems like your're looking for a life insurance policy anyway.

I am about to enter the foray of what is/ is not covered. I was treated for a DCS incident about 2 weeks ago, while undergoing hyperbaric treatment, it was also discovered that I am now diabetic & was kept overnight to make sure I was responding to treatment. It looks like my primary health insurance will be handling most of the claim & will have to see what other parts DAN will/ will not cover, as the diabetes was secondary to what I went to seek treatment for.

DAN covered my HBOT in Truk 2008 and reimbursed Hyperbaric Health Australia, but it took nearly a year of snail mail/email for their insurance underwriter finally to cut the checks. My primary health insurance took care of the follow-up HBOT in Honolulu on the way back from Truk, as well as a full diagnostic work up for PE/DVT (Thoracic CT Scan & Ultrasound left leg) -that only took two months to cover in full by my primary because of the US based health care provider (Queens Medical Center & Kuakini Hyperbaric Dept, Honolulu HI).

For a non-profit to not make money is simple. Pay your CEO more money and the profit is gone. Nothing says that employees cant get rich.

NOT saying that DAN does this.......but it IS done in the non-profit sector.
Depends if the non-profit has a lot of enthusiastic & willing volunteers working for a worthy cause:

The Largest Single Day Scuba Charity Event in the US

Home > Chamber Day > USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences

How we recruit the Volunteers:

https://dornsife.usc.edu/hyperbaric/...ber-volunteer/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom