Divers Adrift in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think, correct me if I am wrong, that many areas with natural reefs do not allow direct anchoring. The boat anchors by tieing up to a prepositioned permenant bouy for that purpose.
Many people dive from private vessels without leaving an anchor watch, I see no problem with it as long as you have a Plan B and conditions are familiar and warrant that approach. Most divers actually know very little about boats or boat handling as I have discovered skydivers generally know very little about airplanes and airplane handling.

Why is it the first thing people want to do is pass a regulation or ask why it isn't agaisnt the law--the answer is this is a free country where adults get to make decisions about their life that sometimes are dangerous or involve danger. Please keep the regulation and laws to yourself and leave me free to choose. N

Misplaced Priority:
Man that look great! I wonder if it creates a bouancy problem.

The PLB in the dive canister is slightly positively buoyant.

Nemrod:
Why is it the first thing people want to do is pass a regulation or ask why it isn't agaisnt the law--the answer is this is a free country where adults get to make decisions about their life that sometimes are dangerous or involve danger. Please keep the regulation and laws to yourself and leave me free to choose. N

A beer for the fine gent, on my tab!

Very well put.

Vandit

thats a good story.. it made me all happy after reading it.. generally on here, i feel so sad after reading stories.. but that was good..
they were in danger, then they survived and got waffles and hot chocolate.. perfect.

Nemrod:
I'll buy the next beer!! At some point, we need to allow people to make their own choices!! And since 90 % of all laws have been enacted to protect stupid people from themselves, we might even give natural selection a boost!

ffestpirate:
I'll buy the next beer!! At some point, we need to allow people to make their own choices!! And since 90 % of all laws have been enacted to protect stupid people from themselves, we might even give natural selection a boost!
Sounds good. And send a bill for the rescue to the Inst who tied the boat to a mooring ball with a light rope on a day the charters wouldn't go out. :silly: Other rescue agencies are billing idiots who have to be saved from their own bonehead actions, why not this one. I've been to Dry Rocks on a day that it was the only site that a charter would go to, and this must have been worse, so I can imagine. It was a DESIGNATED DRINKING DAY.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom