DiveRite XT1 (1st stage, RG-5100) & XT2 (2nd stage, RG-5200) service kit availability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a very small shop that I occasionally DM for, I doubt they're in a position where they would want to sponsor training for a new equipment tech. At least that's just what I assume, maybe I should actually talk to them. I do like the idea of getting some old regs and service manuals and practicing, I'll definitely look into that.

I was not talking about formal training but that is one option. I was thinking more of lending a hand to their equipment tech for free. Regulator repair is easier to learn hands on, than through a book or in a class.

---------- Post added March 2nd, 2014 at 05:58 PM ----------

On a side note, not to start a war or anything but I find it hard to understand why or how a TDI rec Nx cert makes someone suitable or deserving to attend a service workshop, actually any diving certification. I'm not sure what one has to do with other. Of course there may well be a very good reason behind this.

It is a weed out. First, I would assume a technical diver would have a better understanding of the risks of scuba than a typical recreational diver. Second, I would also assume technical divers are more active and would be servicing their gear more often so the risk of them forgetting things is less.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom