DiveRite RG2500ICE. ANY THOUGHTS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miked10

Registered
Reaction score
I am buying regs this week. Just want some input on the diverite 2500ICE for diving in Ontario. Good? Bad? anything will help. all the reviews say they are a solid perfroming good breathing reg. just want some user input on likes and dislikes of the reg.

I am not diving cold water. But bought one of these last week and dove it today. Very, very nice breathing reg. I am going to buy a second one for my doubles setup. For what it's worth coming from a newbie, I recommend it.

I really like the first stage, it looks like a solid well thought out regulator. I was a little unimpressed with the second stage with regards to long term durability. It looked a little too insubstantial inside. If you take off the purge cover and remove the diaphragm you will see the internal workings of the "dive/predive" control. Personally I like the way both Zeagle and Apeks deal with this.

I think the DiveRite RG2500ICE regulator can be compared with the Apeks ATX50, and the Zeagle ZX/ 50-D. These three regulator sets along with a few others are at the top of the heap in my opinion, you should be happy with any of them.

Mark Vlahos

Not diving in water below 49 deg but I'm using the RG1208 first stages, on my doubles rig, and love them. They supply plenty of gas at depth and the hose routing is nice.

I have RG2500s, and dive them regularly in cold cold water, and have never had a problem. The Ice kit is just a bonus.

I used my RG2500 (not ICE) for the first time on my last dive trip and couldn't be happier. It's better than any rental I've ever used and also felt better than the instructors' scubapros I shared air from; their regs breathed wet and salty. I was very happy to go back to mine. However, I've read some stuff concerning this posted by technicians and they say all these good quality regs breath pretty much the same if you tune them right for you. Check out thedecostop.com for DR2500 feedback. You need to register, but you need to register for everything these days so what's another registration...

I dove my RG2500 in Ginnie Springs on Saturday. It was marvelous, and I'd certainly recommend it.

PerroneFord:
I am not diving cold water. But bought one of these last week and dove it today. Very, very nice breathing reg. I am going to buy a second one for my doubles setup. For what it's worth coming from a newbie, I recommend it.

I'm also in the market for a second 1st stage - that is if I still have money left at the end of this scuba vacation, plus maybe another RG2500 (and octo) for my girlfriend. If you find a good deal then let me know, maybe they'll give a bulk discount. I wouldn't mind buying used either.

I bought my first one from north east scuba supply. they have good deals on dive-rite, good service and i may get a second one from them as well.

Back
Top Bottom