Diver passes away in Garda Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fsardone

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
"Lake Garda is the largest lake in Italy. It is a popular holiday location in northern Italy..." Lake Garda - Wikipedia
It does not say but from between the lines he could have been diving solo.
Perhaps the story was updated, but it now says there were two others with him. Here is the google translation...
Tragedy on Lake Garda, a diver lost his life during a dive on the morning of Sunday 2 December. Miguel Verdecchia, a military of the Aerobase of the Sixth Storm of the Air Force, was carrying out an exercise in Toscolano Maderno, in the province of Brescia, together with two other people. It was the dive companions who launched the alarm and activated the rescue. After a few hours of research the rescuers have found the body of the man. The prosecutor has opened an investigation to understand what may have happened.

Perhaps the story was updated, but it now says there were two others with him. Here is the google translation...

While it is true that two more were with him, it also says (both in a video and in the first link) that his two friend raised the alarm when they did not see him resurface. So no mention of separation or diving together. This gave me a sense that while they might have been together at the diving spot, they might have started diving separately. I obviously inferring this by newsreport and by no mean I am saying that he was, only that the language of the report is constructed in a way to allow for solo ...

Back
Top Bottom