Diver needed for tuesday 8/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyseko:
Oh good, so you can help me with the tomato plants next spring!:D :sprint:

Now look what you have gone and done Mote :) Now I am going to have to do garden :shocked:

Missdirected:
Now look what you have gone and done Mote :) Now I am going to have to do garden :shocked:

Well it's either gonna be tomatoes or anchors for the garden. You pick.:mooner: :D

johnnyseko:
Well it's either gonna be tomatoes or anchors for the garden. You pick.:mooner: :D

I know where you can get plenty of anchors to start that garden.....

Tracy, I'm sorry about the gardening thing, but I have known very few women that didn't like to dig in the dirt, LOL. All I was saying about spearfishing, and you hit it right on the head, is that a careful fisherman can catch and release, but a spear is kinda permanent, this is why snook and tarpon are protected from spearing and too many spearos shoot to show off the "prowess" by shooting cuda, illegally shooting jewfish (not feeling very politically correct this morning), or taking their limit of grouper just because the law allows it. I prefer fresh fish to frozen anytime, and I don't know that many people I would give away grouper filets too, so one is more than plenty for me. While I'm on my conservation soapbox, I think fishing tournaments that allow the killing of non- food fish is disgraceful and should be banned, that includes Shark tournaments.

As a follow-up to my last post:

These are my personal opinions, and are NOT directed at anyone in perticular. If anyone is offended by my opinions, I'm sorry, but you must have a guilty conscience, in which case it IS directed at you...shape up!

Well Mote Man I have to disagree with some of what you had to say here. I doubt very much that if you hook a fish at 60 feet deep and pull him up from the bottom to the surface that he has a good chance of survival. I think the odds are pretty good that he is toast. It is my humble opinion that a spearfisherman can go down and see the particular fish that is worth shooting and leave the small ones for a later date. As a hook and line fisherman you simply get what comes to the hook and by the time you see it is too small it is probably too late.
I'm sure everyone has a different opinion about the subject and I'm not looking for a fight or anything I just think that because there are a few dumbasses out there with spearguns everyone else gets a bad wrap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom