Diver looking for full time position on live aboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasteve1982

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm currently living in Philadelphia, PA and I'm trying to move south to South Florida or beyond. I'm hoping for a position on a live-aboard or something similar. I'm looking for a position that will allow me to continue my dive education, travel, meet great people, learn the sea and have fun. I'm no stranger to long hours of hard work and expect whatever position I take will demand the same. I've been diving for a few years on vacation growing up and recently earned my PADI OWD. I plan on getting my AOW in the next month or two. I realize finding a good paying job like the one I have up here is not going to happen. I'm leaning I'd rather do something I love for nothing, than doing something I hate for a paycheck. If anyone can have some pity for me and give me an opportunity I'm sure I can do the job.

About me:
I'm 25/M. I grew up in Allentown PA, just outside Philadelphia. My father has been a diver since before I was born so I've been brought up with respect for the sport. I love nature and traveling. I'm looking for a crew type position on a diving vessel. I have a great knowledge of electronics and a great mechanical aptitude. I currently work for a Swiss engineer company and provide on-site customer support so I'm great working with people. Please let me know if anyone out there that can help jump start my career with diving.

Thanks
Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom