Diver Kat's December 2011 in Cozumel list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pics..now if you could identify everyone...LOL. Kat and I sure missed out on some fun...maybe next year.
thanks Colin !!:D

The bald guy with the good looking Red Head are WunderDuck and DivaDuck respectively. We partook of the drinks and friendship at El Moro's. Just got back to Texas last night. Thanks CV!

It was good to meet you Colin! We'll see you next time you come to visit. :)

Caribbean reef shark... there have been two of them at Palancar for the past several weeks.

Karibelle, You SURE that is a reef shark? I was hitting up some DMs, old school and new and they questioned the thickness of it, like a bit too gordo in the middle? I was getting alot of votes for bull....

Pidgiepoo,

You're next!! Pool was closed again today. Have a good flight and save diving:)

Looks pretty sure the pool will be closed tomorrow. We packed up today and went to Xplor on the mainland. (Someone said there was actually something west of Cozumel, so I thought maybe we should look...) It was pretty cool. Except for the bad wheel on the zip line and getting a little stuck in the middle until someone came out for me... (Yes it was JUST that amusing for everyone there too....) It is sort of a sinking feeling when you realize, yep, the @#%^ thing is going to stop WAY before the platform. It was a nice view and all.

Way back whenever that was we could go diving last, I got a couple ok pics to tide us over.... (Other than the peeps I talked to who went over with Aldora to the east side today. They said they had some GREAT dives over there.)

Ever wonder if your buoyancy is good? One of us is upside down. (I think it was him....)

CozD 122011 086.jpg

Caught this guy slacking. Wedged himself in a hole for a nap.

CozD 122011 143.jpg

They do such a nice job decorating too. They have the Christmas Trees up on the reef already.

CozD 122011 166.jpg

Looks pretty sure the pool will be closed tomorrow...

Sorry you got blown out again, but love the pics! Sounds like you made the best of it and had a fun adventure. Hope you get in another dive or two...

The 10th is another banner day for those heading out and turning Coz Blue!!! :banana:(Or is that banana day??? lol!)
That includes Ms. pidgiepoo .... the OP for this thread. Bet she has her bags packed, and she sleeping in her car in preparation for driving to the airport tomorrow! :)

11/29 - 12/04 - bwetter w/wife & family, Occidental Grand, Dive Palancar
then onto Playa del Carmen 12/4 - 12/10 for SHARKS AND CENOTES
12/06 - 12/06 - Lefty Writer & wife, Carnival Magic, Scuba with Alison
12/01 - 12/07 - DjDiverDan w/ group, Casa Del Mar, Dive with Martin (El Moro 12/5)
11/29 - 12/08 - Sideways & 'better half', Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel (El Moro 12/5)(Wet Wendy's 12/6)
11/30 - 12/09 - fly2dive +1, Amaranto, Aldora
11/26 - 12/10 - rossandmaureen w/ (non-diving) wife & (diving) daughter, Casa Caribe Azul, Living Underwater (El Moro 12/5)(Wet Wendy's 12/6)
12/03 - 12/10 - JG109 and JC, 12/3-12/10/11, Hotel Cozumel, Dive Paradise
12/03 - 12/10 - pelagic_by_nature & wife, Casa Del Mar, Aldora(El Moro 12/5)(Wet Wendy's 12/6)
12/03 - 12/10 - Colin Gray & non-diving wife, Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel (El Moro 12/5)(Wet Wendy's 12/6)
12/05 - 12/11 - Bearkeley w/husband, Vista Del Mar, Aldora (El Moro 12/5)(Wet Wendy's 12/6)
12/02 - 12/12 - cvchief, Susanita & nephew, Las Ventanas B404, Scuba with Alison (El Moro 12/5)(Wet Wendy's 12/6)
12/05 - 12/12 - UnderworldTattoo & wife, south-side condo, Scuba Pablo
12/05 - 12/15 - Dirty-Dog, with wife & a lady friend, Sabor, Aldora Divers (El Moro 12/5)(Wet Wendy's 12/6)
12/07 - 12/14 - Gazelle55, Fiesta Americana, Dive Choice Mexico
12/08 - 12/15 - tranetech & wife, Hotel Cozumel, Anita divers
12/08 - 12/23 - tom_n_tacoma & wife, Our Place, Blue Angel
12/09 - 12/15 - Darol, Hotel Cozumel, diving ???
12/10 - 12/13 - Tipsy, Hostelito, Blue Angel
12/10 - 12/17 - pidgiepoo & husband, Iberostar, Dive with Martin

12/10 - 12/18 - rebelrph, Villa Aldora, Aldora Divers

12/12 - 12/19 - MagnaBoxer w/wife, Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel
12/12 - 12/19 - Brian2828 Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel
12/14 - 12/19 - 94GTStang & Wife, Hotel Cozumel, Bottom Time Divers
12/15 - 12/15 - splzero w/wife & BIL, diving???
12/16 - 12/20 - prosdog & son, Hotel Cozumel, Dive Paradise
12/16 - 12/22 - SDucotey w/wife & 2 children, Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel
12/17 - 12/25 - nigil & (maybe) my wife, Cozumel Palace, diving ???
12/18 - 12/25 - Basscat - Hotel Plaza Cozumel, Blue XT Sea
12/22 - 12/29 - melissabeads Hotel Cozumel, Dive Paradise
12/23 - 12/28 - heysoymilk & girlfriend, Suites Bahia, Blue XT Sea
12/23 - 12/30 - Get Wet, Hotel Cozumel, Scuba Tony
12/23 - 12/30 -Woodiver & wife, El Cantil, Liquid Blue
12/23 - 01/02 - crgravitt & husband. Hotel Cozumel, Dive Paradise
12/24 - 12/31 - darook & family, Fiesta Americana, Dive House
12/25 - 01/03 - Geckotek, Safari Inn, diving ???
12/26 - 12/30 - mountainsean, south of town condo, Aldora
12/26 - 01/02 - gianster, El Presidente, Blue XT Sea
12/27 - 01/03 - ElGaucho & friend, Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel

Karibelle, You SURE that is a reef shark? I was hitting up some DMs, old school and new and they questioned the thickness of it, like a bit too gordo in the middle? I was getting alot of votes for bull....

Well, it IS the ocean, and anything is possible.

Photos are difficult, because we're not there... only YOU were there. I do know there are two reef sharks (smallish, young uns, maybe four feet-ish) in that area for the past several weeks. We don't normally see bulls here. Having said that, we also don't normally see hammerheads, and I hear there's been one of those spotted on Columbia.

So really. What do I know. :blinking: I will say, it's an awesome pic!

Im Blue !!! Off I go into the wild blue yonder..flying high into the sky.
@Kat..yep the bags are packed, but I did NOT sleep in the car..it's 25 degrees outside here in Columbus..brrrrrrrrrr. It sure will be nice to hit the warmer weather and sunshine. Hopefully, the pool will be open Sunday.
@cv- I can't imagine anything funnier right now than the image of you stuck in the middle of the Z-line. What a way to start my day with a big smile :)

I will say, it's an awesome pic!

Of course because my wife took it with a point and shoot in a box. In my fancy camera pics, it is hard to tell it is a shark.... :crying2:

Seriously though the pic has better detail than I saw there really. It was our first REAL shark, so we were really busy saying "Holy @#$@$#" into our regs. We have been going to go back for a better pick, but.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom