Diver Kat's December 2011 in Cozumel list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice. Any of the restaraunts serving lionfish down there?
That pic is from La Perlita and they have a lionfish menu. Kinta does lionfish balls. Er, make that lionfish poppers…. Both are terrific. I was really impressed with the big filets at Perlita. Like grouper without the guilt!

Awesome. Working on my foodie bookmarks for Coz. :wink:

We added to our list this trip:

Sabores - Excellent food and very economical. If the signboard is out, they are open.
Del Sur Empanadas - Wow. It was great. Trying to get there for a while. Light crusts. AND tried a bit of the rib eye there and that was a GREAT piece of meat. (And I am a steak snob...)
La Perlita - Awesome Lionfish.
La Hatch - Good food and GREAT view.

Sweet! Thanks!

Being a Texan I also consider myself a steak snob (about to grill one up now) and ribeye is my fav! :drooling:

Does anybody know if any of the restaraunts will be open Christmas evening? Wondering if I should pack food.

Pidgiepoo, I know what everybody else has said, but we saw three Spotted Eagle Rays just on our first dive (Palancar Caves). We've also been visiting with a few nurse sharks, a ton of turtles, a moray that reminded me of the movie Anaconda, and not one, but TWO parrot fish that were over three feet long. We've seen lots of Parrot fish, but not like these. Monsters...

El Moro and Wet Wendys were great. It was cool putting faces to names. Although, CV kept trying to frisk everybody, which was sort of creepy...

We've been sharing a boat with Berkely and her hubby. Super nice people.

An El Norte is hitting tonight, so we're heading over to the mainland for a couple cenote dives.

I'll post some pictures later, but right now it's time for dinner.

What's the current land temp with that El Norte blowing in? Do I need to pack warmer clothes for next week?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom