Diver Kat's December 2011 in Cozumel list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Pidgiepoo,

My husband Matthew did a Discover Scuba in front of Blue Angel yesterday... his student had a visit from an eagle ray that swam near them for a few minutes. As he told me the story, I immediately thought of YOU. :D

Sending good eagle ray vibes to you on your visit!

kari

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-Angel-Scuba-School/253602211356099

I would have died and gone to heaven if that had been me !! With everyone pulling for me this trip, how can I NOT see an eagle?? Well..we won't go into that ! :)
thanks for thinking of me and wishing me good luck...I'm gonna see one this trip.. I'm gonna see one this trip..I'm gonna see one this trip !!!!:) and if not, I might consider getting recertified with Matthew !

Well, we are 'in residence'...

We flew into CUN. Hooked up with my private van guy and he sprouted wings. For once we actually made it in plenty of time for the next ferry, so we didnt burn hours at Senor Frogs waiting. The ferry was UltraMar, but it was the big one with a small outside deck, so no band, dang it.

Coz 122011 001.jpg

There is something about sitting on the ferry looking at the water in Playa the switches you to "La Isla" mode...

Well, after picking up the car, the nephew and I walked down to Oxxo as we needed to get some minutes for the Mexican cell phone work again. They stop working after so long. You don't lose minutes, but you have to put some one to get them back. Normally I give them the big dumb gringo look and give them the phone and money and they fix it for me. The Oxxo does it on a computer and needed the phone number. You would think I would know that. After engaging another customer in the line to help, we got it figured out. Of course that trip was stressful, so we stopped at El Fish on the walk back to rest and recharge. El Fish is at 10th Ave and Calle 8 and is a nice cantina.

Coz 122011 006.jpg

You order drinks and they give you food to snack on. Botanas. We had five beers. Total bill was 125 peso before tip. So less than ten bucks.

We had chips and some assorted stuff for on them. One was like hotdog bits and corn in a white sauce. (it was better than it sounds.) Some cucumber I guess with spices and what I found out later was a spicy conch thing. Then they brought us a bowl of spicy shrimp soup. VERY tasty. Then they brought us a fish:

Coz 122011 009.jpg

I have no idea what kind of fish it was. Any one want to break out the fish book and tell me?
Again, 5 beers and ALL of that, 125 pesos. and they have wifi. We were the only gringos. If you go, just don't don't go and tourist the place up and they raise the prices.... :shocked2:

So we came back and got yelled at for eating stuff without the wife. Then we went down to the Cozumel Humane Society Art Show and Auction. Some cool stuff. We bought tickets, got the included drink, had some appetizers, toured the art and voted for our favorites. It was hosted in the French Quarter. Actually the first time we were there. Cool place.

We blew out of there and headed to Del Sur across the street for some empanada action. Let me preface this saying the missus just doesn't like pie crust. Seriously. I know. Anyway she tried the cheesy, peperoni one just because. Well she is an Del Sur fan now. I tried a bit of someone's steak done on this grill:

Coz 122011 012.jpg

Wow that steak was good. I mean really. I had a few of the Del Sur empanada with bacon and cheese and plum. Tasty. On the advice of the CR I ordered a apple and cinnamon for dessert but with the dulche de leche sauce instead of ice cream. Yum:

Coz 122011 014.jpg

And that beer is from Argentina. Not bad. After that, that was all she wrote. We walked home and crashed. The first day in the blue down.

Chief, save some money for drinks!!! We also arrived today. Eating nachos and quesadillas at the Blue Angel restaurant. Great smooth flight from Chicago.

Sideways,

Just arrived at BA. Do we have a secret handshake to ID each other??

Colin

Colin, I'm going to show my face around BA tomorrow when the boats come back, around 12:30 or so. I'll be the tall dark-haired woman (well, it used to be dark) either in the lobby on my computer, or loitering about the dive shop talking about fish and PPB. Say hello if you see someone like that!

My husband Matthew is the bald-headed Canadian. If he's your divemaster and he tells you "I'm a dead ringer for George Clooney" please laugh and tell him I said "WE WISH!"

Have a great day.

kari

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-Angel-Scuba-School/253602211356099

With apologies to Little Orphan Annie...

Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
The Plane Leaves,
Tomorrow!
It's only a day awayyyy....

Where is El Moro located por favor?

Hey Colin! We're in #206. We're diving this afternoon so will be around the shop at 1 :) So far the trips been great... we've both got colds...grrrr...but have muddled through and been able to dive :) Been having fun at wet wendy's at night, we're warming them up for Tuesday :wink:

this be us.....

pina.jpg

Greg

Back
Top Bottom