Diver Invading Virginia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See you all very shortly.

I dove VA BEACH last about 7 years ago, dove a rig or something.

Are there any operators that go out of Nag's head?

I've been diving Va. Beach for about 5 years now & see no reason to dive the Tower (only thing even remotely like a rig & nothing compared to the rigs in the Flower Gardens)). Too many good wrecks to dive.
Anytime you guys wish to dive here post up & if I'm around I will join ya. I dive Hatteras at least one weekend a month in the Summer. But always love diving in Va. Beach.
Nags Head does have some good diving also, & I would jump at the chance to dive it some more. The only op I use there is Outer Banks Dive Center, Nags Head, North Carolina, Bill runs a good, safe operation & doesn't get heavy handed in your dive profile.

I am going to have to finally dive VA Beach. This summer will have to be the time. I also need to get back to Nags head and do the shore dives. The last time I got rolled around in the surf.

Any time Dennis, Andy (Drewski) & I have been trying to get to those shore dives in Nags Head for 2 years now, but those darn off shore wrecks keep getting in the way.:D

Maybe we could shoot for the first VA Beach dive around mid-May sometime...I heard there is some festival around that time period(?)

My question is what are the water temps in mid May. I have a 5 mil Henderson that I use for cold water. So, you know I don't do very cold water.

Probably in low to mid fifties. May have to rent a 7 mil.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom