Diver Invading Virginia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Working in Virgninia seeking new divebuddies for: Atlantic, quarries, lakes, rivers, any and all, give me a shout now and further into the season.

dj

Where are you located? Virginia is a big state. I'm not much interested in the quarries, just really boring to me, but I do check out my gear at Rawlings sometimes. I have not had the chance to dive the VA Beach area yet and I am interested in trying it out this summer.

I'm in the Lynchburg area. Closes dive here in my understanding is a section of the 'New River', but I am willing to travel to VA Beach and the Carolinas. Wherever. I get a lot of 3 day weekends.

Hi diverjed,
I'm in Amherst, about ten minutes from Lynchburg. All of my local diving is at Rawlings, which is two hours from me. I go with a group out of Charlottesville, drop me a line if you're interested. I'd be surprised if the New River is much closer, though I haven't dived there.

Lake Rawlings - A Scuba and Camping Park

Also, this season I'm planning to check out Blanch Quarry down in NC, which is also about two hours away. You have to be a member and there are no facilities, but no crowds I'm told. See:

Piedmont Diving Rescue Association

I can make Wilmington in a little over four hours and Morehead City in about six. Terrific wreck diving! Hope we can dive together sometime.

Cheers,
Lilla

Im 2 hours North of Va Beach in Maryland. I dont mind a ride to dive.

A few of us will be at lake Rawlings this Friday thru Sunday feel free to drop by or Pm me for details.

Back
Top Bottom