Diver injured by propeller in Lake Worth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tddfleming

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone heard anything more about this? WPEC-TV CBS12 News :: News - Top Stories - Scuba diver injured by boat propeller in Lake Worth Lagoon

Scuba diver injured by boat propeller in Lake Worth Lagoon Posted by Scott T. Smith / CBS12 News
RIVIERA BEACH, Fla. -- One person was sent to the hospital after a scuba divwas run over by a boat in the Lake Worth Lagoon Wednesday morning.

Witnesses tell CBS12 it was just before 11 a.m. when a diver was clipped by a boat propeller. It's unclear what part of his body was injured.

Anne Johnson and her friends were at the Riviera Beach marina when it happened. She saw a rescue boat bring the diver in from the water.

"It looked like he was in good shape," she said. "He was alert, conscious, looked like he was doing OK."Scuba diver injured by boat propeller in Lake Worth Lagoon

Note to boaters:

This is not a target.

SLI25088.jpg

They were probably texting and didn't see it :wink:

I am a boater, I was in the Lake on Wednesday. The tide was still going out at 11 am. I did see 3 kids with pole spears at the bridge. They had no flag.

Do we know where this accident happened?

Did the diver have a flag?

The day before a unresponsive diver was rushed to the hospital.

Facts for either event have been hard to come-by

Last edited:
I have since learned that they were diving from a dive boat. Guy did stride off boat got sucked under boat due to waves high presure hose caught on prop and he was hung up under the boat while it was pitching until his hp hose broke.

I assume this is the boat in question. Little Deeper. They just posted this on their facebook. I was not there and know nothing more then what is posted.

Well, were do I start. I wanted to post the true story about what happened on New Year’s Day. The rumor mill has been working overtime and I think it's time to put a stop to it. There was an incident on Little Deeper that involved a local instructor. No one was run over by the boat! I think we all know how horrible that would be. The diver was swept under the boat while entering the water. He did receive minor injuries on the running gear of the boat. Rumor as always are exaggerated. I hope this will end the stories from continuing. ............ Captain Dave Brown

Yes more was posted in the members only section of the Florida Dive Connections by the inst. That helped with the rescue.

I assume this is the boat in question. Little Deeper. They just posted this on their facebook. I was not there and know nothing more then what is posted.

There was an incident on Little Deeper that involved a local instructor. No one was run over by the boat! I think we all know how horrible that would be. The diver was swept under the boat while entering the water. He did receive minor injuries on the running gear of the boat. Rumor as always are exaggerated. I hope this will end the stories from continuing. ............ Captain Dave Brown

I'm trying to figure out what the heck happened.... The diver ends up in the hospital and the Capt. seems to be doing damage control. " minor injuries on the running gear of the boat". Translation.... the diver got cut up on the prop...

Last edited:
I have no idea. I have dove 5 times off little deeper and had no issues or saw anything negative with their operations. I even sent two of my kids out with them without me.

I will dive with them again when the ocean calms down....

Why I always carry a flare gun - hey MF look this way - honest officer I was just trying to get their attention, I thought I led them far enough. Totally, absolutely serious. Respect my flag or it's your a$$

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom