Diver fatality Bonaire. Translation button on upper left.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steelyeyes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As usual there is little information in the article. From a Facebook post another group of divers nearby saw CPR being administered on the shore. No information if it was pre or post dive. I'll try and get more information as it's available...if it's available.

I read about the passing of someone on another forum from a Scuba accident and connecting the dots. This may be Robbie Pierce; Entrepeneur, Off Road racer, Innovator, southern California businessman who started Impact, a racing safety company. Not sure but I follow both forums and the timeline's line up. He was a very talented man.

RIP, Condolences to the family and friends.

It's actually amazing there aren't more incidents. Middle of nowhere, difficulty entry and exits and weather in the 90s with no shade. It's very easy to overexert and dehydrate oneself.

The "middle of nowhere" is full of people: there's a couple of cars at every site North of the Kite City and at least a dozen at Hilma and Pier each. Entry/exit difficulty depends on the site but generally if you overexert and dehydrate yourself getting in or out the water here, you should have stayed in your wheelchair. Yes, it is the 90's with no shade -- and patches of rain, though we were on Klein & North on Monday, dunno if it was raining on the South end.

If anything, the diving population looks younger this year (it's probably us, I know), so I'd expect fewer heart attacks, not more.

It is the middle of nowhere. I've been at some of the southern sites when there has not been another truck anywhere in site. Further, many divers can't contact the authorities because they don't bring cell phones for fear of theft. If you have an incident, you are on your own and probably SOL.

Further, many divers can't contact the authorities because they don't bring cell phones for fear of theft.
$100 would get you a dive canister so you could take it on the dive but keep it dry. If it was a small phone, a used camera case with a new o-ring from ebay might work for less.

As usual there is little information in the article. From a Facebook post another group of divers nearby saw CPR being administered on the shore. No information if it was pre or post dive. I'll try and get more information as it's available...if it's available.

Would you happen to have any updates on HOW this fatality happened while Robbie was diving?

I read about the passing of someone on another forum from a Scuba accident and connecting the dots. This may be Robbie Pierce; Entrepeneur, Off Road racer, Innovator, southern California businessman who started Impact, a racing safety company. Not sure but I follow both forums and the timeline's line up. He was a very talented man.

RIP, Condolences to the family and friends.
Do you have any info on what exactly happened to Robbie during this dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom