Diver fatality Bonaire. Translation button on upper left.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These sites are normally shore dives with no dive op involved so I expect the only people who know are those who were there and family members.

This from his IG page...:

Going to start the New Year off right !🤿🐠🦈
It’s been over 20 years since I last dove , Bonaire Island in the Caribbean seems like the perfect place.
Oh crap. Twenty years since last dive, rented gear, shore dive without a DM. Nope, not a perfect plan.

Or wait for the official incident report. Not sure if the authorities would release that though.
They don't really do that here. There have been numerous fatalities since the most famous one of Fiona Sharp who died on a solo rebreather dive here. Friends of hers are still hoping to hear what was learned from looking at and analyzing her tanks and the information on her computers but nothing and it's been years.

Dive buddies or direct witnesses are the best bet.

A friend of mine died in an accident in Bonaire in 2016. There was zero press or government information released. So yes, in Bonaire, dive buddies or direct witness may be your best bet.

I read about the passing of someone on another forum from a Scuba accident and connecting the dots. This may be Robbie Pierce; Entrepeneur, Off Road racer, Innovator, southern California businessman who started Impact, a racing safety company. Not sure but I follow both forums and the timeline's line up. He was a very talented man.

RIP, Condolences to the family and friends.
Yes, it was Robbie - I was asking if anyone knew what exactly happened because he was my husband. We were going through a divorce when he died on this Scuba trip. Because we were still married he passed, I received his Netherland death certificate and his passport in the mail from Bonaire and I also received his US State Dept death certificate. Both indicated Sudden Cardiac Death, however there was no autopsy. Diver's Action Network called me with their findings and they agreed with the cardiac death assessment. DAN put together a comprehensive timeline and provided me with some closure.

The best bet would be to find out who he was with and contact them.
He was with his girlfriend and I did try to reach out to her and find out what happened, but since I was his wife, she did not return any of my calls. Diver's Action Network also reached out to the girlfriend and she would not respond. DAN was able to piece it all together and provided me with a timeline and their assessment of what happened though. Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom