Diver dies at Redondo Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've also been looking for details on this. Nothing available besides the initial report. Please update when anyone has informations. Thanks, Mike

The Seattle Times carried this but there's no further info either except in the comments section:

Local News | Man dies while scuba diving in Des Moines | Seattle Times Newspaper

Man dies while scuba diving in Des Moines

A man died Sunday while scuba diving off Redondo Beach in Des Moines.

Medics responded to a call of a diver in distress at about 4:30 p.m., said Kendra Kay, spokeswoman for South King County Fire and Rescue. When they arrived, they found the man, who was in his 60s, had been pulled out of the water by fellow divers.

Medics performed CPR on the man for about 45 minutes before pronouncing him dead at the scene, Kay said.

The man's identity was not immediately released. Kay said it was unclear Sunday evening what caused the death.

News link here: Scuba diver who died Sunday identified

The man who died while scuba diving Sunday afternoon in Des Monies has been idenfified as Karl Anquoe, 57.

The Tukwila man died near Redondo Beach, where help was called about 4:30 p.m. A King County Medical Examiner's spokesman said an air embolism caused Anquoe's death.

Learn more about the incident from our television news partners, KOMO/4:

Also, more on this a diff board,
Northwest Dive Club • View topic - Diver Death at Redondo

Sad loss and unfortunate for those around him. I dived there once; fun dive.

I bet everyone's first thot is his age, heart, etc. I'm surprised I don't get challenged about mine.

Edit: I see Gdog was posting when I was: "A King County Medical Examiner's spokesman said an air embolism caused Anquoe's death." Wow?!

If you read the posts on the board it was originally posted, it doesnt sound like an embolism...poss. heart attack? I dont know...still waiting details to be released.

A tragic loss and it sounds like the divers that were on the scene really jumped in and did what they could in a maximum effort.

I'd really like to know more about this, I dove that site three times on Friday and Saturday. Anyone who can get more details on what happened could you put them up here?

Thanks!
-Josh

I'd really like to know more about this, I dove that site three times on Friday and Saturday. Anyone who can get more details on what happened could you put them up here?

Thanks!
-Josh

You should read the posts here:

Northwest Dive Club • View topic - Diver Death at Redondo

(Maybe you have not noticed but the same link has been posted by GDog earlier on)

Really tragic and heartbreaking to read the details of the accident. The rescuers did an amazing job.

My sincere condolescences to his family and friends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom