Diver Death in Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are to dwell for a while on the inadequacies of training might I suggest that we focus on two issues:

1. Divers not being trained (appropriately or inappropriately) to "take complete responsibility) for themselves, and/or
  2. Diving leaders not being properly prepared to be able to effectively lead groups and have them all come back alive.

I've been following this thread since it began, through all of its convulsions, and a lot of good "learning points" have come out of the discussion despite a few "trips and falls" along the way.

Thal's issues listed above pretty much summarize most of what we've already discussed and can continue discuss/debate. Everything else, short of more info becoming available, is off-point I think.

While I have nothing of value to contribute here, I think there may be some more to be learned if the more experienced folks wrap their brains around those two topics.

I'll continue to read with great interest :coffee:

Best wishes.

I must have missed this information, has it been posted?

You've seen his classroom work and exams?

I didn't need to, he had to sign the knowledge reviews and exams saying he has understood any questions that he missed or got wrong.
that includes questions on responsibility and reccomended depth limits

these are kept for 7 years and are ready to be admitted as evidence by all dive centres.

I didn't need to, he had to sign the knowledge reviews and exams saying he has understood any questions that he missed or got wrong.
that includes questions on responsibility and reccomended depth limits.

Ok. The wording of your previous post gave me the impression you'd actually seen it.

IMHO, the publishing of Autopsy results on this board will not be offensive, on the contrary, it will add authoritative fact to the conversation. Of course we are not talking images, but rather COD and other contributing factors (if known). This pretty much goes for the computer profile data too.

Fosterboxmum, sorry if you have said this previously and I missed it, what was Brendan's situation with the computer? Was it his or borrowed? - Thanks

Best Regards
Richard

My fault. sorry

No worries, that's why I asked for clarifications.

IMHO, the publishing of Autopsy results on this board will not be offensive, on the contrary, it will add authoritative fact to the conversation. Of course we are not talking images, but rather COD and other contributing factors (if known). This pretty much goes for the computer profile data too.

Fosterboxmum, sorry if you have said this previously and I missed it, what was Brendan's situation with the computer? Was it his or borrowed? - Thanks

Best Regards
Richard

It was his own. Pam has a copy of the computer profile. She has told me bits and pieces of it but unless the RCIP release it I know she won't. And as far as the autopsy, I don't see the need for it other than. I have read many and they are gruesome to say the least. And to publish something like that, that could possibly get out on the INTERNET and to the family or in hands of people that it shouldn't just for the satisfaction of this board is NOT a good reason. I'm sorry. And had I known that, scratch that, had I EVER thought that ANYONE would even consider posting it I NEVER would have started this thread even if it helped even one person. The reason is because I know how deeply hurt Pam will be if she ever gets wind of it being on this board. She has been emotionally torn apart because of this accident and then to find out something so personal about a loved one is posted on a public forum would be unconscionable. I couldn't imagine if it were my husband or my son. Think about this hard before you all agree to this. Would you want your wife, daughter, son's autopsy report posted for everyone to read??? I don't think so. You will only learn how he died not how he got to the depth he did. Only how he died and we all know how he died. Let him rest in peace and the family.

Now you've told me you feel you were "pumped out without proper training" would you like to back it up with your cert card number, any will do so PADI can look into this. Please accept this post as an official confirmation that you are not happy with the training you have recieved and a report will be passed to PADI once your cert number has been received.

I'm unhappy with PADI's training also. While you have them on the phone, tell them I'm tired of rescuing their 2 day wonders in the Caribbean and ask for their billing address.

Terry

I thought Autopsy Reports were public domain. Can anyone with legal background clarify this?

Best Regards
Richard

It was his own. Pam has a copy of the computer profile. She has told me bits and pieces of it but unless the RCIP release it I know she won't. And as far as the autopsy, I don't see the need for it other than. I have read many and they are gruesome to say the least. And to publish something like that, that could possibly get out on the INTERNET and to the family or in hands of people that it shouldn't just for the satisfaction of this board is NOT a good reason. I'm sorry. And had I known that, scratch that, had I EVER thought that ANYONE would even consider posting it I NEVER would have started this thread even if it helped even one person. The reason is because I know how deeply hurt Pam will be if she ever gets wind of it being on this board. She has been emotionally torn apart because of this accident and then to find out something so personal about a loved one is posted on a public forum would be unconscionable. I couldn't imagine if it were my husband or my son. Think about this hard before you all agree to this. Would you want your wife, daughter, son's autopsy report posted for everyone to read??? I don't think so. You will only learn how he died not how he got to the depth he did. Only how he died and we all know how he died. Let him rest in peace and the family.

I dont think anyone is looking for the full autopsy report. What some, including myself are interested in is this is truly a diving related death or a case of someone who died while diving. No one is looking to invade anyones privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom