Diver dead after accident in Lake Ontario near Oakville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So....OUC.....rumor has it that the report is now complete....Care to share or does this follow some regulations that we are not aware of in Ontario or Canada. Diving accident reports usually offer information to the dive community that can be sometimes used to avoid such incidents in the future...ideally. On the OUC website the old original report from September 2010 is posted...If the new final report is ready it would be nice to see it. Thanks.

1.....there is no law that says in canada that you have to test your air (if somthings happens to a employee of the shop then it is covered by labour law ) there is at lest 3 stores i know of where a shop(s) air came into question (no i am NOT going to tell you who they were) 2 the so called report from ouc will be worthless they have NEITHER the exsperience or knowlege to make determination of facts (no one at ouc could ever become an exspert witness ) i have heard talks from them ....a total waste of time ..... ouc is made up of the only people who would do the job , unlike what people might think ouc DID NOT do the air testing themselves (i know who did do it )..fwiw

1.....there is no law that says in canada that you have to test your air (if somthings happens to a employee of the shop then it is covered by labour law ) there is at lest 3 stores i know of where a shop(s) air came into question (no i am NOT going to tell you who they were) 2 the so called report from ouc will be worthless they have NEITHER the exsperience or knowlege to make determination of facts (no one at ouc could ever become an exspert witness ) i have heard talks from them ....a total waste of time ..... ouc is made up of the only people who would do the job , unlike what people might think ouc DID NOT do the air testing themselves (i know who did do it )..fwiw

Let me guess......you nailed the interview but they hired the other guy? :D. Just kidding but I do agree that we are unlikely to ever have the finer details of this (or any) incident. Fact of life most of the time.

i never had anything (or wanting) anything to do with ouc , everything i heard about them (and have seen ) makes me cring i know all the personalities involved here, the only way ANYONE will get to (most) of the truth will be to sit threw a coroners inquest , i have testified at a corners inquest and at best there is really hardly ever a real finding of fact , more than whats known publicly .If you are in the know with the people here almost all the facts are present .You make the determination ,as for the just a bunch of guys going diving or a chartrer, only 2 guys know the truth

I don't think anyone ever suggested that the OUC would be involved in any capacity in the investigation. As far as I know the limit of their involvement would be to publish any public details in their incidents reports.

Actually, the OUC does investigate accidents in Ontario, not just report them. I was told that they interview witnesses, follow leads, gather articles, etc. and they volunteer hundreds of hours of their own time per case. This accident was particularly challenging because of the number of inconsistencies between police reports, media reports, and viral emails and the OUC was having a very difficult time sorting it all out. We were, however, promised a more complete follow-up report...

I emailed this thread a short while ago to Raimund, the President of the OUC and he just phoned me. As expected, between the Coroner's Report and all the documentation, there is a massive amount of paperwork and they are working on organizing the information into a concise report and making recommendations. It will be some time, but please be patient everyone.

ouc s lack of exsperience is mind boggelling , how many years diving does the whole bunch have combined 10 years , maybe and at what level, ived talked to them they are beyond incompateint .......................

ouc s lack of exsperience is mind boggelling , how many years diving does the whole bunch have combined 10 years , maybe and at what level, ived talked to them they are beyond incompateint .......................

So subcontract your services to them so they are slightly less incompetent (if you are in fact any more competent than them). Or do you have another plan. I am trying to see how accessing an online web forum about scuba diving to flog them can improve the process in any way and am coming up empty. I am leaning more towards "they hired the other guy" again.

i decided to say somthing when people here think they are the be all end in ontario diving , and your leaning scubasteve just shows you know nothing of the problem im done ...............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom