Diver accident in Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope the recovery is quick. You did a great job holding your emotions until you got your wife to safety. We would all be greatful to have a dive buddy like you.
Sometimes the process of healing is over analizing the event. Telling and sharing your story with others only helps reinforce the need for CPR training and skill reviews it also helps the healing process for you. Glad you are both back on land for awhile.
God speed.

our family wishes the best for you and your wife. your good diving skills came to you at the right time.
when i dive with my wife i hope everytime somthing like that doest happen to us and to anyone.

I think the rest of us can only hope to be as diligent and clear-headed in an emergency situation. I'm still very new to diving, but I have a EFR background and can say difinitively that you responded well.

From what you said, there is no doubt in my mind that you saved your wife's life.

May God continue to bless you and keep you safe.

Please let us lnow how your wife's recovery is progressing. You are in my prayers

Thanks for the nice things that are being said - I may not have been entirely clear but I was in a state of panic and adrenaline rush at the time. I got lucky and did most of the right things in spite of the situation. Watching your wife drown before your eyes and then giving her artificial respiration isn't something I would wish on anyone! I want to talk to some of the other divers and get their perspective of the timeline on the boat, many parts of this whole experience is a blur where I remember specific 'snapshots' in time, like I don't have any concept of how long it took to retrieve the other divers, unhook and get back to the dock. I just know that people were there and suddenly we were moving.
Right now she is still heavily sedated, her lungs are healing (down to 30% oxygen on the ventilator and her blood O2 levels are holding steady). She has a touch of pneumonia that is being treated with antibiotics. Things are definately looking up!
Thanks to everyone for their concern!
Bob

I will be begining my Rescue class this weekend and I can only hope that I will react as decisevly when such a situation develops. You and your wife are in our thoughts and prayers...God Speed!

Bob,

As others have said, Great Job! Many lessons to all of us, here. Thank you.

Continued prayers for you and your wife!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom