Diver Accident 4/17/2011 Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a photo of my friend Kristina taken on one of my dives with her.

She is happy and giving a friendly wave doing what she loves scuba diving in the beautiful ocean.

It is on my photos Kristina 7/25/10.

Last edited:
How do I post it here?
Probly the two easiest ways would be as an attachment, using "Manage Attachments" below a posting box or the paperclip icon above - or loading it on Photobucket or similar pic hosting site, the copying the IMG code to paste in a post here. PM me for more help if needed.

Wow. This news is saddening. Thank you Ben for sending me the PM and getting me on here for this. I was actually planning on calling Kristina up in the coming months to do a Monterey Dive with me. She was one of the most helpful people I've met. One of the first to welcome me to the board and work with me on my stubbornness to dive solo. My very first (and so far only) dive buddy to have met off of scuba board. I'm glad she finally got her drysuit and was able to experience that. It was one of the things she talked about with me when we dove last year. She was very cautious and very aware of her surroundings. Its sad that things can just pop up even when every precaution is taken to do things the right way.

Best information, that I know of, is that it was a medical issue that arose during the dive.

2010-06-12 15.34.11.jpg

Lovely afternoon with Kristina at my first Meet and Greet. SMB drills completed so big smiles all around. Welcoming on the boards and off. Thanks for letting me know Ben.

wow, this is sad. I haven't dove with Kristina, but I met her once at Breakwater last year. She was diving with Ben and Don's group. I went over to say "hi" to their group. Kristina was sitting at the exactly the same spot as the above picture. She introduced herself as "pacificgal". I instantly recognized that name because she has given me quite some useful advice on diving on this board.

RIP, Kristina.

Goodbye Friend. You are missed.

Ginny from Any Water Sports posted funeral information on their FB page. This was from Kristina's parents:
Some of you may not be aware that our Daughter Kristina was involved in a scuba diving accident in Monterey and did not survive. She was given the best of care by her dive partners, the Coast Guard, and all the Doctors at the ICU ward at the Community Hospital of Monterey Peninsula. She was a very experienced diver with over 200 dives to her credit and had recently earned her "Rescue Diver" certification. Diving was her passion and she said that life without diving is no life at all.

We are having a memorial service for Kristina at:

Holy Spirit Church
1200 Redmond Ave.
San Jose, Ca. 95120

Date: May 5, 2011
Time: 4 PM

There will be a blessing by the Priest and an opportunity for all to speak and say goodbye to Kris.
She would not want this to be a somber event but more a celebration of her life.
We will all remember her in our own way, so attend if you wish.

Best regards,

Paul and Susan

Please remember Kristina left behind the biggest LOVE in her life, her son Tommy. She was a very proud mom, and her son was the center of her world. He was the only reason she would miss a day of diving, since he came first in her life. Those that hung out with Kristina often heard her talk about him. He is a good kid and a smart one to boot. We have gone camping with him and were all laughing together around the campfire. All of us can give him a helping hand in furthering his education by donating to his fund. Everything sent will be for Tommy's education exclusively. If you are attending the memorial there should be a way to continue the collection for him, but I am not aware of what the plans are there.

The Thomas P. Gomez Education Trust
P. O. Box 1687
Cupertino, CA 95015-2729

Thanks to all for supporting Kristina in her passing, and for helping her son Tommy in his journey thru life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom