Divemaster Theory Answered

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BLUESEASONBALI

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Explain why the RDP surface interval credit table is significantly shorter than that of the US Navy tables and why such a difference is possible.

The DSAT RDP surface interval credit table takes a shorter amount of time to “off-gas” excess nitrogen when compared to the USN tables. This is due to the fact that the RDP is based on a 60-minute controlling washout halftime, while the USN table is based on 120 minutes. The RDP basically gives you twice as much credit for surface intervals (although that statement is not exactly mathematically accurate). As a side note, the RDP and the US Navy table are the most common tables taught during beginner scuba lessons.

The RDP was designed specifically for no-stop (no-decompression) diving while the USN table was designed for decompression diving. By limiting extended exposures and decompression requirements, the RDP is better suited for multiple repetitive dives in a single diving day. The USN table was designed for navy divers doing one or two missions potentially requiring decompression.

BLUE SEASON BALI

Home: PADI IDC BALI | Divemaster | Instructor

What was the question?

The answer is because of the controlling compartment 1/2 time. 60 minutes vs 120 for the Navy tables.

Are you asking this because you're taking your DM or was this some kind of pop quiz?

R..

:rofl3:

Maybe this is the latest PADI methodology of teaching...answer first, question second. The Psychic Methodology.

*use the force..... :)

now that I read the *whole* post I understand what he was doing. It was the speed-dating version of DM theory. The question, the answer, the interpretation and the kiss good night all rolled into one highly amusing post that when you read it makes you feel like you just drove too fast over a speed bump. :)

R..

*use the force..... :)

now that I read the *whole* post I understand what he was doing. It was the speed-dating version of DM theory. The question, the answer, the interpretation and the kiss good night all rolled into one highly amusing post that when you read it makes you feel like you just drove too fast over a speed bump. :)

R..

for you ro - :heart: :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom