Divemaster Malta in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

inolen1

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello! I am new to this forum so I hope this works. I plan on doing my Advanced, EFR, and Rescue diver here in Los Angeles, probably at the Ecodive center in February and March. I am thinking of doing my Divemaster in Malta in April and wondered if anyone has advice for me. I am choosing Malta in April because my lease is up March 31st and I have a free plane ticket there, so it's more about my schedule and convenience than the destination. I just love breathing underwater so much that I want to do it all the time and teach others how to do it too! I come from a competitive swimming background and have taught swimming for 12 years, so the water is where I belong, I just don't know the best location to get my training at this time of year. I am not into touristy travel at all, so if April is low tourist season, even better! I'd like the most local, authentic experience I can have.
1. Any schools you'd recommend in Malta? I am low on funds, so if they offer a work/trade internship, that is ideal.
2. Is April a bad time for visibility? I will be spending a month or two underwater, so it matters to me.
3. Is Malta really only for wreck divers? I'm expecting I'm not such a thrill seeker as to want to wreck dive much, but it seems that is the main reason people dive the Mediterranean and if I'm not into wrecks, then why would I dive there?
4. I would love a great reason to dive Malta in April other than convenience and a free ticket so convince me please!

Thanks so much for any advice/ suggestions!

Hi there,

If you're going to Malta I would recommend Dive Deep Blue. I've been diving in Malta twice and had a nice time with them. I found the instructors there to be very experienced, one thing I like about them is that they spent time assessing my individual experience level and took that into account when planning the dives for the rest of my trip. Plus they are just nice people. I don't know if they offer work/trade internship.

I've never been there in April and don't know about the visibility. The nice thing about diving in Malta is that when the water get rough on one side of the island, you just drive round to the other side and dive there. Tho, it might be a bit cold in April....it depends on the individual I guess.

I like the wrecks in Malta, they're easy to get to (I can only speak for the recreational dive ones tho), there is marine life but not a huge variety.

Malta is a great place to be, it's my favourite holiday destination. The people are relaxed and it's a beautiful island with nice food. The island has quite a bit of history that could possibly appeal to the non-touristy types as well.

Best of luck!

Daniel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom