Divelogs for Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some dive sites (elphinestone, brothers isles, daedalus rock, etc) require a bit more experience (drift diving, current, depth) and I believe government has put a minimum diving experience on divers wanting to participate on such dives.

The min 50 dives rule comes from that. Best to check with the organiser. On all but 1 of the Red Sea cruises I've been on, they've asked my log, regardless of my certification level.

Should not be hard. If you didn't log your dives, just show the log on your dive computer. By the way, if you haven't logged your dives in any way, how do you know you've done 200?

i know how many dives i have since my computer tells me so. I just never put those dive information on an actual physical logbook. Wasnt sure if these liveaboards would be ok just showing your dive logs on my dive computer or have everything in writing.

i know how many dives i have since my computer tells me so. I just never put those dive information on an actual physical logbook. Wasnt sure if these liveaboards would be ok just showing your dive logs on my dive computer or have everything in writing.
Your computer holds 200 dives?

Many keep the dive count, even if they it has deleted the old data. I know a cave guide/instructor in RM that used his Perdix's counter to determine when he earned his Sheck Exley award. Setting it to zero when he got to RM, letting it count up to 1,000 required for the award.

Do you find that hard to believe? The Teric manual, for example, states:

"The on-board log can store about 500 hours of dive logs at the default 10 second log rate of the computer in OC Rec mode."

Do you find that hard to believe? The Teric manual, for example, states:

"The on-board log can store about 500 hours of dive logs at the default 10 second log rate of the computer in OC Rec mode."
And many older, cheaper computers top out at 25 or 50 dives.

Well I have a shearwater petrel, a petrel 2 on my rebreather and an old suunto vyper. I know the vyper doesn't hold dive details for 100s of dives, but next to that you have a dive counter showing total time in water and no of dives. That should be more than sufficient proof for any boat operation ;-)

So just take your computer.. and you are good to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom