Dive With Peter And TsandM Planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You sweet thing you. Got the ok from the boss as long as I figure out how to be off island and do my job on the 1st LOL.

Plan is to get a package deal – car, hotel and flight – like I did recently. Do need to know about tanks. I’ll have to factor in the fetch and fill if I bring them, er, send them. You might help there, if I sent them to you, I would feel better not worrying they get tossed somewhere, or refused, or whatever. Although now that I know Waikiki like the back of my hand, I’m a wee bit leery of learning a new part of town to find them again.

If possible a google earth map or some such would be nice for as close to (as possible) I’m to show up at. A big thing I learned a week or so ago is what looks like a ridiculously simple path along those roads is fraught with inopportune possibilities. Bringin’ my compass this time for the night drives. :D

Also the parking situation at the show up spot. How much time (how far away) to I need to factor for the (hopefully) dump gear off, get car parked, and return hike?

I’d like to just have all the day before to get all the running around done but the short explanation is; it’s complicated with flying and stringent work deadlines. I may have to if I bring tanks, but it will make a very long arduous 30 hours once I can leave HNL.
The memory of how much time I spent driving in various diameter circles necessitates a lot of elbow time + matching when and where, a shop can and will, get my tanks filled. Sure wish an AL 80 was just not my kind of tank.:shakehead

Catherine my cost to dive Oahu has tripled as of 4:30 this am. It’s looking pretty grim, don’t hold a spot on the boat for me. :shakehead

oh..shoot.

You can add on if you need...I doubt we will fill up.

catherine96821:
oh..shoot.

You can add on if you need...I doubt we will fill up.

I wasn't thinking that nicely at 4:30 this am when I gave up after the prices went up another $100 in 1/2 hr. I'll keep looking, it sure did a lot a changeing from when I first looked before asking you.

Mahalo

Ok, maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel after all.

Oddly enough I’m getting more bright ideas for problem resolution this afternoon than I was at 4am this morning.

I quit when Explorer crashed, Had maybe 20 tabs open searching heavens knows what all. Go hasn’t been good so far and opt2travel is looking pretty good, although may have located another package running from the hotel starting point and working back oddly enough.

I knew there was a reason I should have read every travel thread about the travel part. This resembles teaching my self Waikiki in 24 hours although less dangerous than solo night driving. I had no idea it could be this difficult to just figure out how to travel with scuba gear.

First big lesson: The airlines websites lie!!!! Second: Every representative I spoke to was pleasant, cheerful, patient and willing to figure out the answer to questions, even TSA. This one stunned me. Third: Scuba diving is a poorly understood form of recreation by travel providers, even by those in scuba diving destinations.
:D
Lisa

OK, I got the day off and can go!

Just need to know if I bring my own tanks or if they are provided.

YAY! way to go, girl.

help me remind people to order EAN, if they want it.

I will mapquest the dock and my house and post it for directions.

People should exchange cell #'s with people you will need.

Eat lunch before the dive. Bring a snack if desired and I will bring drinks in a big cooler with ice. tea, water, coke, juice.

hey c.. anymore room available on the elysium for wednesday 31 jan 1300?

if i can get leave approved.. i should be able to make it..

what's your current tally?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom