Dive With Peter And TsandM Planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yay!!

He says boat leaving at 1300, so you could maybe get in a half day.

trying to talk JB into that....

I am SO looking forward to this! (She says, as she looks out into the yard at the 40+ mph wind and the dense grey overcast, and thinks about how bad the viz is going to be in the 48 degree water tomorrow :))

TSandM:
I am SO looking forward to this! (She says, as she looks out into the yard at the 40+ mph wind and the dense grey overcast, and thinks about how bad the viz is going to be in the 48 degree water tomorrow :))

Yes, my friend just arrived on Wednesday from Steilacoom. But she is staying in Hawaii for 3 months. As we were walking to the car, she said she felt like kissing the ground.

TSandM:

I hate to say it, but I thought for a minute you were talking about Maui.

We have rain and very gusty winds. I felt like a giant magnet was sucking my bike yesterday. Of course, it will clear up.

well, Lynne, now is the time to speak up about where you all want to dive. I think a wreck would be fun for you, but you all are the guests.

You can get the scoop on the Sea Tiger or the Yo257 and plan your jollies. Tom, our DIR representative will probably make it. Mike Severns has written a good description in his book, if you have that.

You don't mind if I retitle the thread "Come See The DIR Dominatrix Dive With Peter Guy, the Photog" do you?

I did book the boat today, the Elesium. And don't forget to order your EAN, if you want it.

I'm looking forward to this too -- but all I did today was go up to my local ski area and ski for a few hours in 8"s+ of new snow -- and get blown around a bit.

Catherine -- we are taking the redeye home on Thursday night -- Wheels up scheduled for some time after 10 p.m. This was deliberate and should NOT interfere with any dive plans. We'll have 3 days of diving on Maui with Tuesday a non-dive/fly day. We should be quite clear by the time we go home.

I'd certainly be up for the BBQ -- just need good directions (who knows, maybe TSandM will have granted my one of my B-day wishes for a GPS car unit -- if not, probably try to get one at the rental place).

Hmmm, 2nd person to help with wreck penetration -- hmmmm -- since I'm NOT DIR....

Well, you can mapquest me. 688 kaulana place 96821.

You should play on Google Earth Too! You can see the reef topography near Diamond Head and Waikiki!

I hear people say the car navigation doesn't work too well here...not sure why. Our Garmin GPS maps for the bikes work great.

We are ten minutes from Waikiki with no traffic. After 4 pm it takes longer.

So, we can do one deep, one shallow. Or two deep, your call. (Alex sometimes does three deeps in one day and I usually just do two of the three)

127 for the sea Tiger

114 (?) for the YO257 and the San Pedro sits nearby at 70 ft or so....

Current might decide for us, as the YO sometimes gets more current. The Sea Tiger would be my favorite unless the viz is bad, then I get nervous going that deep, myself. Viz Under 50 ft scares me, you know. I am even scared of the submarines when I cannot see far. If you stay on the wreck they wouldn't hit you, but where you cross over to the San Pedro from the YO257, it can be like crossing the road. I go if no current and I can see it.

(I am trying to build the anticipation here)

sea nmf:
Mojitos

I make mine a little different. I use tonic water instead of soda water and I like lots of mint! I also use the juice of a freshly squeezed lime. And since I'm not using sugar anymore, I use splenda or equal or something like that.

Also, you have to muddle the lime, sugar, and mint to get all the flavors going. I think this makes a huge difference.

I'll think about taking the day off. It sounds fun. I'll let you know if I can take the day off.

Wildcard and I found that if you make a simple syrup, the sugar dissolves better. WC tried putting everything in the blender so the mint came out in little bits. He likes it better so he doesn't feel like he's drinking an aquarium. I think the full mint leaves add more flavor.

okay, ready to talk food.

How about if everyone but the guests of honor bring something to grill?

OR...maybe better, I will buy the steaks and fish and everyone else bring drinks and side dishes?

That is easier for me, to be honest. Since cooking wigs me out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom