Dive With Peter And TsandM Planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Ohana:
Anyone who would like to get together for a dive, please speak up and throw in your ideas.

I don't care what boat we go on or where, I just thought I would take the initiative to get some sorta plan going. Obviously, our boat is not big enough, no 02, etc.
So...I asked Alex of the Elesium and he says we can have seats on our own charter for $"X" head, second run. Maybe it would be fun to take them to the wrecks? (*pm me for cost)

Anybody who wants to penetrate can plan that, and anybody who doesn't can dive the deck.

I want to try out the new fish eye inside.

I would prefer to grill, the night before and would love to have it at our house. If that is not convenient (Hawaii Loa Ridge, kinda far for some at that hour), JB and I will happily meet everyone in town at a more central restaurant.

Any thoughts? I am really hoping onfloat and his wife will make some time for us, so we can hear about their new house. (I am so thankful Tom helped us drag the freebie grill over, what a friend)

vbluev, ed and JJ rockjock could help us make a better impression :wink: Everyone welcome.

The dates:

Jan. 30 in the late afternoon and hope to dive with you all on Wednesday, Jan. 31. We leave for home on Thursday night, Feb. 1.

We probably need to factor in your fly time Peter, if we are going to do a couple deep dives? I am assuming you will have dived all week...

Second charter, to have our own boat, is at about noon.

I can make the BBQ or restaurant but not the dive as I have to work. But, boy would I like to dive!

yea, girl..you might be overdue. me too.

Good...give me that drink recipe! Mojitos? What were those minty things?

You and I could dive this weekend if the wind lays down. JB leaves Saturday for three weeks.

Mojito

Ingredients:

Mixing instructions:

Lightly muddle the mint and sugar with a splash of soda water in a mixing glass until the sugar dissolve and you smell the mint. Squeeze the lime into the glass, add rum and shake with ice. Strain over cracked ice in a highball glass. Top with soda water, garnish with mint sprig and serve.

hmmm.

thanks.

I think that is what they were drinking in Miami Vice when they took that cigarette boat to Cuba! makes me want one.

Careful with the Mint. The first and ONLY one I have tried had TOO much Mint and made the whole drink pretty bad to me. But then again I don't like Soda Water either. But you can go to Bacardi's site and get the recipe it has a video showing every step.

catherine96821:
hmmm.

thanks.

I think that is what they were drinking in Miami Vice when they took that cigarette boat to Cuba! makes me want one.

Mmmm..... mojito

Also appearing on the silver screen in Die Another Day as Pierce Brosnan offers a sip of his to Halle Berry. (Don't ask me why I remember these things). :no

As it stands now, count me in. I'd love to head out with you all. I also haven't dove from the Elesium yet either so that would be great as well.

Jay, it is weekday, can you get off?

I need a buddy to go inside, probably not all the way to the engine room, but the first "room" is very photogenic. You could pose with a nice torch? Of course, you might be doing a video....

We will have the whole boat, so it might be worth people taking off time....

IF we end up using the Elisium, of course. We need six to get the whole boat....

Also, we need to grab the bouy. I don't mind freediving one, but we need someone okay with grabbing the second one, so nobody has to do two bounces. I was thinking of inviting my freediver buds, for entertainment value, and to be bouy boys.
We will not have any dive staff and he said we have to take care of all that ourselves.

I think he said he will provide tanks. EAN needs to be ordered in advance.

Jimbo might be able to go, he is doing deco class every weekend now.

Mojitos

I make mine a little different. I use tonic water instead of soda water and I like lots of mint! I also use the juice of a freshly squeezed lime. And since I'm not using sugar anymore, I use splenda or equal or something like that.

Also, you have to muddle the lime, sugar, and mint to get all the flavors going. I think this makes a huge difference.

I'll think about taking the day off. It sounds fun. I'll let you know if I can take the day off.

Back
Top Bottom