Dive watch? I like this one....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's the ONLY watch for me (someday): Seiko Titanium 1000 (yes, 1000!)m:

Seiko3.jpg

Too bad a) when it was made, it cost a fortune, b) now that it's rare, it costs more, c) I can't afford one :-(

Here's a pretty good article on this timepiece:
Titans Of The Deep [12/10/02] - TimeZone

I recently got the bug to get a watch--not a dive watch, just a daily wear watch--and I found a great resource:

PMWF.com, the Poor Man's Watch Forum.

I had a couple of questions and got about a dozen useful replies to each. It is a very friendly forum! I had no idea that people were so into watches.

Your Price : $337.50
Regular Price : $450.00
Seiko 200m water resistant diver`s SNM037 model with new 21 jeweled Seiko self-winding date calendar calibre inside extra large satin finish stainless steel case with rotating bezel. Divers orange dial with large glow markers and hands, heavy duty

Automatic watches collection by Seiko from Authorized Seiko dealer

That is the same watch but with a stainless bracelet and different color but also still available with orange face--look at the linked page closely. I like it.

Google this ---SNMO37MB

N

This one has most of what you want,

Citizen Watch BJ2050-01E Aqualand Chronograph Stainless Aqualand Chrono Aqua

I have this one,

Citizen Watch BJ2000-09E Aqualand Aqualand Chronograph Chrono Aqua

which is the same one but with a rubber strap. Solar powered, no digital displays. I think the only thing missing from your list is the sapphire crystal. However after 30 dives in the last year, there are absolutely no scratches on the watch, case or crystal. Even displays the depth with the analog orange hand. HTH.

After looking at it some more, I realize that the strap is rubber. It was hidden behind steel hinges. Sorry. This one is all titanium, though. Little more cash.

Citizen Watch BJ2060-58E Aqualand Chronograph Titanium Aqualand Chrono Aqua

Dang I like the SNM037 except for the plastic bracelet.

51VxCI-pa3L._AA280_.jpg
I felt the same way, but it is really easy to swap the rubber strap for a stainless bracelet, which is what I did.

Seiko movements are alledgely used in Pulsar watches, but I have yet to have a Pulsar dive watch that did not end up going back to the factory about once a year due to leaking. So the movement may e Seikonbut the rest of the watch definitely is not and it is worth the other $50 to $100 to just buy a Seiko.

The watch of choice for commerical divers seems to be along the lines of a suitable Casio G-shock or Timex Ironman model as they are durable, have useful functions, buttons that can be operated underwater, decent depth ratings and when it get crushed, broken or lost on the job they are cheap enough that you don't cry about it.

Now that you've added a black face (maybe).....

Check out this one, especially picture #6:

Sea Dweller at 1200m! - Watchuseek Watch Forums

This is a pretty nice dive watch.....And for the unlimited budget, you could always go for one of those oil filled jobs that can handle any abyss.

My wife bought me a SeaDweller for my birthday a couple years ago. It is expensive and I would never have bought it for myself. But now I like it so much, that it's my daily beater. I just wish the luminova was a bit brighter, especially on the minute hand.

I told my wife who ever takes the time to drag my dead behind up from the depths gets to keep it. Wanna go diving?

I felt the same way, but it is really easy to swap the rubber strap for a stainless bracelet, which is what I did.

Seiko movements are alledgely used in Pulsar watches, but I have yet to have a Pulsar dive watch that did not end up going back to the factory about once a year due to leaking. So the movement may e Seikonbut the rest of the watch definitely is not and it is worth the other $50 to $100 to just buy a Seiko.

The watch of choice for commerical divers seems to be along the lines of a suitable Casio G-shock or Timex Ironman model as they are durable, have useful functions, buttons that can be operated underwater, decent depth ratings and when it get crushed, broken or lost on the job they are cheap enough that you don't cry about it.

you are right, the movements are almost identical, but the quality of everything else is much lower.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom